Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI am sure I have read on here and other forums that many owners are disappointed and frustrated by the tedious entering of the full address to select destination?
I recently paid for 12 months of updates and have been contacted to give feed back on the purchase from Navteq Maps which I did and complained of the lack of postcode search.
I then went onto Navteq website and contacted them again requesting this and wondered if there were any other DS4 Forum members who would like to see this change or they are happy with the system and if they were not would they like to contact Navteq to ask for this change? I am sure the more complaints they hear the more they will listen.
I have the web address for anybody who would care to write and will post on here if administrators would allow?

·
Registered
551 Posts
No postcode entry is a massive pita!!I don't like complaining about my car because I love it but the sat nav is deffo not the best!
Email on it's way!
I don't think it will be an easy fix so not holding out much hope

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an app on my IPhone which converts postcodes to GPS coordinates which is called GPS Angel but having used it enough to say whether it works well or not.I am sure if there is enough demand they could tweak a converter into the software.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, it is a real pain. You can enter GPS Co-ordinates but those are even harder to locate.

This did come up some time ago and I was told that it is because it is French Software and they only have 4 digit post codes. Citroen were not prepared to pay out tohavethe upgrade to use British Postcodes!!

It would be useful to have the Navteq Web address and collaborate to put some pressure on them and on Citroen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Roger the web address is above.It does seem bizarre that Citroen are a worldwide company that something this simple could well put people off buying their cars.
It is not as though it is a cheap option!

·
Registered
10 Posts
HiI emailed Nav teq and got the following response:

Dear Mr. Casemore,<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;">Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ Maps.<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;">NAVTEQ is the map database supplier for many different navigation systems on the market. However, we are not the navigation system manufacturer and have no further influence on the functions of your navigation system such as the postal code search function.<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;">To receive information regarding the functions on your navigation system, we recommend you to contact your Citroen dealer directly.<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;">Should you require additional information, please send us your feedback by replying to this email.<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;">With kind regards,<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;">NAVTEQ Maps Customer Service<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;">Nokia Location & Commerce<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;">PO Box 501<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;">7300 AM APELDOORN<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; line-height: normal;">THE NETHERLANDS<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">www.navteq.com/contactus

Not a lot of use!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Today I have received an email back from Citroen which reads:

Thanks for getting in touch to ask if the sat nav on our Citroën DS range will
be enhanced with a full postcode search.

We've asked our headquarters in
France about this, and they've told us that there are no plans to change it yet.
Like other European manufacturers, we think the four-digit search facility is
enough to help you find your way to the vast majority of places.

But
there will be regular mapping and software updates so that your sat nav stays up
to date and gets you wherever you want to go.

I hope this answers your
question. If there's anything else I can help with please let me know.

Kind regards

Having read through the handbook I cannot find a reference to this four-digitsearchfacility, Does anybody have any knowledge or experience of this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've just sent a mailvia theCitroen UK website and await to hear their BS about why we cant do the full postcode searches, their website implies that it can dopostcode searches (althoughit fails for mine but that may be syntax).If we all start on them and tell the dealers that we are not buying their cars because of this then maybe something will finally get sorted.

·
Registered
472 Posts
You can put the first four letters of a postcode into the address bar, I have tried it and it is a total waste of time unless you actually know where you are going, if you did know why would you use the satnav.

I am used to just putting the full address in now before I start the journey, although this is a bit of a fiddle it does work well

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize that it is a very long time since you posted this but in 2015 the issue still hasn't been resolved. Some blogs just dismiss the problem and say "buy a Tom Tom" but I disagree with this attitude. If a car is sold in the UK like RHD then it should be for the UK market norm.

Grateful; for any lobby for Citroen to make the changes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I did post a couple of weeks ago on the forum and the 7 digit postcode problem has been solved by Citroen, the problem is that not many Citroen dealers are aware of the solution and how it should be updated.

<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="height:200px;min-height:200px;"><td ="msgLineDevider" valign="top">

<div ="msg">
Ok
i have just update the Emyway in the DS4 with the latest SOFTWARE
VERSION 2.85 and then installed the new 2015 maps and 7 digit UK
postcodes are working.
<br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">Just
thought i would let everyone know as could find a thread to say they
were working and a lot of members having hassle getting it to work.

</td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
95 Posts
Please note it is not a Navtec map problem but it was a Citroen problem, just install the the latest Citroen SOFTWARE
VERSION 2.85, i also think that 2.86 may also be available, but the 2.85 version will solve your postcode problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts