Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
Just coming to the end of my company car term and have decided to go down the opt out route. My initial shortlist of potential replacements for my 520D were (worst ever in the winter).

Kia Sportage KX-3 2ltr Diesel - it felt like I was driving a truck
Ford Kuga 140bhp Zetec - The wife felt it looked too big
Nissan Juke Dig-t Tekna 190bhp - apart from the small boot and fuel economy it was great

I was just about to go for the Nissan when I saw the DS4 billboards that sprung up everywhere. I was lucky enough to get a test drive in a Hickory Brown 200bhp DSport with the red and black leather option. Immediately I knew we had found the next car. Excellent quality, decent size boot, drives like a coupe and has lovely styling. It seems to be fitted with just about all of the usual toys that I need, bluetooth, heated seats and a decent engine. It's been a while since I owned French (Peugeot 205 GTi) but am happy with what they have put together in a beautiful package, have you seen that cars rear?

I'm just waiting for a drive in the 160hp diesel before taking the plunge. Also maybe wait to see what the real consumption figures are.

I will probably just do a contract hire, they seem to be about £330 per month (Lings Cars) and it will definitely be a DSport but unsure about standard leather or the Habana option, if anyone has seen this in the flesh let me know your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Hello and welcome!
I love what they've done with the DS range and I dont think I would have considered a citroen otherwise. Had a Pug 406 a while back and hated it!

I'm off round a few different dealers today to see if they have any different DS4s to test and have alook around in, want to try and see which offers the best of performance and economy. Don't think we'll get and real life consumption figures for a few months yet though.

Let me know what you opt for in the end.

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dan

I managed to get out in the 160hp 2.0 diesel yesterday, it drove fine, although it did get bogged down in 2nd gear at low revs, rolling start at a roundabout.

They also had the Habana leather in the showroom, but it (although the seats were lovely) just didn't look right. The rest of the interior is black and the brown just looked out of place.

3 yr PCP's with Citroens £1,000 contribution were working out just over £500 per month, with about £8,500 GFV at the end. The contract hire looks to be the more economical route, and they pay the road tax every year.

So almost decided Dsport 200bhp, Black Leather, Hickory Brown over 3 years £360 per month with £1,000 up front.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Took delivery of my DS4 diesel auto end of October 2011. Main selling point was the advertised 64 mpg and I was assured that figure was true! Despite it being back and forth to the garage the best fuel consumption I have been able to achieve is only 52 mpg and not the 64 mpg as advertised in the brochure. Have queried it with Citroen - sadly they are not interested and will not even agree to do a test drive with me - I presume because they know the 62 mpg is unachievable!
The Citroen lease company are also not interested. Well and truly had!! First and last Citroen I will ever get!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Zippy

Had mine (200 THP model) a week now, fantastic car if it proves to be relibale but very impressed at present, very quick but yet to determine fuel economy, the manual says it will take2 to 3000 miles before you get anything like the fuel economy figures purported.

Habanna leather is lovely but like others i just dont think it lookedright against the black dash. I opted for the black leather and it looksgreat as i would expect the red and black and white and black do (concerned about white getting dirty). The black leather has white stitching, looks very classy.

Not driven diesel so cant comment but my petrol engine is fantastic. Maybe getting just over 30 to the gallon at the moment but short journeys round town only to date.

Hope that helps

dean

·
Registered
3 Posts
You will not be diappointed with the DS4 160 DSPORT. Mine is brilliant! Had it for about 4 weeks now and the fuel consumption is around 46 MPG average . Think this can be improved on by driving more sensibly! However the fast reponse is sometimes hard to ignore and of course fuel efficiency suffers! However on long motorway drives at around 75 MPH I have acheived 52MPG.
You will not regret owning this care, great to drive, very comfortable and handles like a dream!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thought I would resurrect this thread - I love the Habana leather but after the initial glut of high spec launch showroom cars finding used models with options is rare - anyway, being sad as I am I downloaded the French DS4 brochure from www.citroen.fr and left hand drive cars with the Habana leather get a matching leather dashboard - I kid you not, it looks completely fantastic. I think we are missing out in the uk...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Frank Bullitt said:
Thought I would resurrect this thread - I love the Habana leather but after the initial glut of high spec launch showroom cars finding used models with options is rare - anyway, being sad as I am I downloaded the French DS4 brochure from www.citroen.fr and left hand drive cars with the Habana leather get a matching leather dashboard - I kid you not, it looks completely fantastic. I think we are missing out in the uk...
Yes this was something I discovered when looking at photos of french spec cars on the internet. Apparently Citroen did intend to offer the various interior options available in France in the UK, but because of the rhd dashboard it wasn't cost effective. Mores the pity!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts