Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Just joined recently and wondered if anyone one else has the paintwork on the bonnet bubbling, the car is only two and a half years old, black with 50k done, also the fabric on the drivers seat not wearing well

·
Registered
16 Posts
take it to citroen under warranty, its a known problem, also check alloys for corrosion as its another fault, both should be fixed with no cost to you, hope this helpsg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have just found paint bubble on my back bumper. Car not 2 years old yet. White paint .... Will be in touch with Citroen PDQ !!

·
Registered
47 Posts

This was the underneath edge of the front of my bonnet spotted just a few weeks after I bought it (2 yrs old)I sent pictures to the nearest citroen dealer, not were I bought it as they were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.
Citroen gave the dealer the go ahead for replacing the bonnet.
check the top of the bonnet near the windscreen wipers too.
Also check the chrome on the rear bumper for bubbling up as its only plastic covered in foil.
I had this replaced too.
Must say Citroen have been fantastic as this is known issues.
The bonnet is aluminium and can react with the paint, it is also an issue with the C4.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I wrote a post recently had bubbles started on my white 2 1/2 yr old DS bonnet usual place from what I have read, had no problem with getting done under warranty but the bonnet did not match the car colour when it came back quite obviously different colour to rest of car, had few problems first with dealer who were getting advice to then blend the wings which was crape then i'd have wings the wrong colour so clearly told them no chance there blending the wings, so had few weeks wait and car was at painters for over week again, but car came back good this time, but I had told them I would not take the keys off them if it was crapDarren

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Good result

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. My DS4 is now 3 years and 5 months. Didn't realise my bonnet was corroding around the inside and making its way to the outside until last month.
I took it to the main dealership last week and they took photos and sent them to main office. They came back and told me the car was out of warranty and I have to payout for repair. I am totally not pleased with this.
Has anyone had this same problem and can give any advise as I'm sure this cannot be legal.
Many thanks. Edited by: Pat

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would contact Citroën UK and query it with them as the bonnet must have been corroded while still under warranty. Contact them through face book I done it with my alloys and got two new ones fitted free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I did Facebook Citroen DS. They just flog me off to main dealers.
I will try Citroen UK.
Thanks for your feedback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts