Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.I have just bought a DS4 THP 200. It is equipped with emyway sat nav, but it has got the problem with reading CDs (even original audio CDs). When I put a CD in a slot it always shows me "cannot read CD". Could you help me, or maybe I must RMA my car?
Thanks for a fast messages.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I picked my DS4 up yesterday and obviously tried all toys, got the same error as you when trying an original CD, took the CD out and cleaned it and all works fine now

·
Registered
551 Posts
Mine is a bit temperamental,as Deresim said,take it out put it back in and it works??Sometimes even shows the song list from the previous CD???My solution was to buy a 16 gb usb stick,tiny little thing,can hardly see it when it's in,cost about £8,and loaded my music on that.I just leave it in the car all the time,it works ace,and full control from the steering wheel.
I know it dosn't solve the dodgy CD but I just couldn't be arsed with it,life's to short!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi deresim!

I've the same problem like you. While it's the same configuration it might be a general error. My dealer is already in contact with Citroen to solve it. So if there'll be news i'll keep you up to date.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the same messages! At first I thought it was the
Cd but just purchased the soundtrack to the Olympics opening ceremony and its
hit and miss. Sometimes it won't even regognise I have a CD in, then if you
take it out sometimes it will recognise it and list the tracks but when you
return to the car its back to square 1!!! FRUSTRATING. Mind the sound is good
when it plays!<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />

</v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas>

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit">
</o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shape>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update: Just came back from my dealer. I'll get a new Sat/Nav-Unit. Have to wait a few days till it'll arrive. Hope this one will work fine.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Had mine back to the dealer was not reading CD's more than it was reading them, they offered to swap out the whole module sat nav et al, decided to wait till the first service, dont really fancy them taking the car to bits and hopefully in 1 years time when the swap it out the sat nav may have been updated to take post codes

·
Registered
551 Posts
Mines going in on Friday to have CD and sat nav looked at I'll let you know what happens

·
Registered
551 Posts
Cars been in today and they are going to replace the full system,it might be a couple of weeks to get the parts though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi guys is this a regognised problem? My garage didn't seem to know anything about it. They told me it was fine.....untill I showed then that it was hit and miss if the cd was regognised and then none of the track detailsare listed if played. It just says track 1,2 etc in our 3008 with sat nav it shows the track names and artist details. Can anyone tell me with sat nav if your cd player lists all the details? Thanks!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Like I posted earlier mine is knackered so sometimes it shows details and other times not.My guess would be that if your CD has the info on it then the system should display it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
DS4me said:
Just had an upgrade of system....but still no better! Still I guess I got a free car wash at the dealership!

"a free car wash at the dealership" and that's a good thing??

So to clarify they didn't fix your cd and to add insult to injury they washed your car

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is when you are busy! , but alsoI guess I have lost faith it this being resolved. No one who has emyway seems to have a cd player that lists the artist and details........unless anyone out there knows any different?????????????

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi all , this is interesting...

I have also got the eanyway with all the toys including the Denion hifi....
I have experienced the system not reading and displaying track names on audio Cd's and even more bizarre my ipod is sometimes seen and other times not....when it does not work i get IPOD CONNECTION FAILURE displayed but when it works it isreally good with full control from steeering wheel etc. had it back to the dealer and they thought i had a non functioning usb port and replaced it but this has changed nothing....and even worse they cant understand why it ever worked in the first place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts