Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI have had my 1600 airdream diesel EGS since December 30th and am loving it.
Having fallen in love with the car on a visit to check the C4 I was delighted to find the contract hire quotes cheaper for the DS4 compared to the C4. The contract hire was from Citroen and was 20% cheaper than an alternative quote from another company. The salesman was not well up on this so I guess they do not push for it but maybe a good option for potential buyers?
Having decided on wanting an EGS and being diesel, having a liking for the 68.4 mph, but they did not do this in the DSport but only in the DStyle. I then decided on wanting the Sat Nav and other extras they managed to find just two cars in theirdealershipwho had this spec. There was one with black leather who wouldn't release so had to have the black/red leather.
The salesman was eager to see the car as he called it aChristmastree as it had everything possible on it.
Having driven it now for several days and learning something new every day that it does I can say I am absolutely delighted with the car. I compare the drive very similar to two previous VW Corrados that I had and the sense of feeling very safe when driving. The ride is firm but I would not have it any other way, it adds to the stability. The major surprise for me was how potent a 1600 diesel Automatic can be. The pick up is very impressive as I thought it would be sluggish but am very excited by its liveliness.
My only gripe would be having to pay an extra £26.99 to get 12 months camera alerts for the Sat Nav. On a car of this price and with Citroen wanting to get into the luxury car market this small charge should have been included.
I have the babylon red and love the colour and as yet not seen another DS4.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Welcome Mickyg
Black/red leather would have been my choice out of the two.
From what I've read on here I don't think anyone is getting anywhere near 68 mpg from their diesels
I'm not being negative,be interested to see what you get!
Does the car car need to go to the dealers to have the sat nav updated for speed cameras?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ChudJust fitted my new black/red car mats and a boot tidy and both look great.
I found the update whilst searching for info on the web and is a download which you add to a USB and just plug into the car for an update.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi and welcomeI've got the black and red leather in mine.I get 47mpgout of my 2.0 hdi manualbut others have said they get 50mpg, I think my engine is stilla bit tight.What sort of mpg are you getting?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HiI am only getting 40mph but only done 300 miles so far. I am off round the M25 on Friday so will get a better gauge then

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can get 45-47 around town out of my 2.0 hid but have to be careful. I get 40 by blasting about for me the difference is no enough to stop having fun. I often travel between Newcastle and Glasgow and get 50 mpg when I do that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Also with the 1.6d egs. Getting 47.8 MPG mixed highway / urban driving. A bit disappointing when compared to advertised figures. Agree that the ride & handling is good, but egs can still be a bit moody on lower gears. Overall still enjoying the car after nearly a year.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i also have the 1.6d egs which i got at the end ofNovember (its on a 61 plate and had done 14000 miles so its been run in!)and gettingaroundthe 48mpg mark with mixeddrivinghad a focus 1.6d before andwouldnormally get 55 to 60 but it has been cold of late and we are on winter fuel which i believeis not asefficient.

I do have an issue with the eco (start stop) system though,despiteit being into the dealers for an update, can any one who reads this let me know if there eco works when been cold (ie below 3degrees) i just would like to know if there is a fault or its normal ?

(just to add thats after driving 9 miles so well warmed up)

Edited by: g_p_t

1 - 8 of 8 Posts