Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rid of this by removing the Avon tyre and replacing it with a Michelin same as the othe other side. The Avon had been fitted before I got the car.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think the important thing is to have the same brand with similar tread depth on each tyre - oh, and if you can't pronounce the brand on the first attempt then it's probably a ditch finder.

Michelin's seem to be about £175 fitted with the cheapest tyres at £145 - I'll pay the extra on this occasion.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think it definitely has to be from experience on the car - for example, my A2 has always been on Pirelli P6000's which have been great but read the Internet forums and all sorts of people will criticise them; Pirelli no longer do the unique size for my A2 (185/50R16 81V) so I now have Continental Eco something it others and they aren't as good; quicker wear and poorer dry weather grip, only the wet grip is marginally better, but read the reviews and it's considered a better tyre on other cars.

Checking Camskill's selection I suspect the starting point for a decent tyre on the 18" wheels is Dunlop SP's which seem to get good reviews and they are £120 delivered plus they need fitting - the michelin's are another £13.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have had the Goodyear Efficient grip on the fronts and they have been fine for me, a lot softer ride, less crashing over the bumps than the Michelins, and good wet weather performance as well (it's why I tend to side with the Goodyears to be honest). They are also on the other hand a good fuel efficient tyre as well which is what you don't normally get with a good wet weather tyre.

On the rears I've got some Continental SportContact 2's, and again they have been enhanced the ride as well, making the car feel a lot more sure footed, and less unsettled over potholes.

I'd go for either again, although I know the Conti's do tend to wear more being a softer compound, I think the toe-in on the DS4 wears out tyres faster than pretty much any other car I've had in the past 20 years.

I had the Dunlop SPs on my previous Laguna II and they were just hideous, and you could never trust them in the wet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi APM,
That sounds like the solution I'm looking for, particularly with different tyres on the front and the back. Thanks for the comment. Hadn't considered Goodyears before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have just fitted Dunlops to the front and they have transformed the car. It's quieter and smoother over the bumps and the treads are very similar to Goodyears. Good wet weather performance too. They won't be up to the Michelins for wear but I'll settle for the performance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.