Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.HadPure Guard applied to my car by the dealer,i have just spent 3 hours removing it from the leather seats be cause it made them look streaky.Has anybody else brought this product and if so what do you think of it? I was'nt charged for it so i dont mind getting it off.Iwas told you dont have to wax the paintwork and this product will protect it for 6 years. My car is black and i like to keep it clean.
Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had a similar treatment on my last car, which I kept 9 years and never polished once, yet the paintwork still looked great.
I have paid for Safegard on my DS4 (which is Pearlescent White) and that includes all the carpets and upholstery. everything looks really good, with no streaks etc. Perhaps the black is more liable to show streaks. My upholstery is a two tone dark grey, half leather.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks, i think i'll give it a chance on the paintwork,it looks really good at the monent. I just think it sounds to good to be true.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I would be dubious about it lasting 6 yrs.There are to many factors that could affect it,not least how well the it has been applied to start with.
I am quite into detailing and prefer to look after my car myself,there are quite a few sealants out
there and if applied and looked after properly can last well.
Check out Detailingworld.co.uk there is some really good info on there.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i agree and judging by the way the interior was applied i dont think it's been well applied. I'll have a look on that website,thanks.The dealer kept pushing it and in the end said he would do it for free,I like keeping my car clean,a bit ocd at times.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The reason the dealers push it so hard is not because it's a brilliant product,although it might be,is because it's such a good earner.Kits can be had for around £30(Ebay),can be applied in minutes and the mark up can be £hundreds.
That's why if you push hard enough they will give you it for nothing and you think they have given you a couple of hundred quid when in reallity it's only £40-50.
It would be interesting to see what they say if you went back after 4/5yrs and complained that your car had lost its shine?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a pureguarded 11 plate Corsa and it is OK.
My DS4 is not pureguarded and I have treated my interior with P303 aerospace protectant on the plastics and leather parts of the seats. The Pureguard interior spray is a hydrocarbon based water repellant and as near as dammit the same as scotchguard or any such spray you buy for leather coats, handbags and shoes. I do my paintwork with Maguires wax and use a microfibre towel to dry her off before waxing. My alloys get sealed every two weeks with autoglym alloy sealer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi there, I'm looking for a good paint guard and wash wax and rinse for my DS4 DSport, anybody got any?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi PudseyCheck out Detailingworld.co.uk
Search for sealants and take your pick.
One that is always top of the list is Wolfs Hardbody,I'm thinking of applying some to my new van when it arrives.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Chub. just been looking at this, it looks good, have you used this before?

just been looking at Meguiars Mirror Glaze #21 Synthetic Sealant, this also looks ok?
Edited by: pudseycongs

·
Registered
551 Posts
No I haven't used any sealants yet.I quite like using wax,applying and buffing it.
Thought I might try some on my new van to save a bit of time on cleaning etc.
An important thing for me when choosing a sealant is durability,basically I just want to put it on and forget about it for 6 months.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I was ordering my car, my dealer was givving one freebie if you registered before 31st March, my order, was going to miss this, but as they had sent me the e-amil, the said they would honour the spirit of the offer, put AutoGlym Life Shine on my car, for £120 plus VAT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts