DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
anyone with white better still pearl white with door mouldings

are the mouldings painted gloss black with chrome insert?
or is it plain black plastic with chrome insert?

not seen any in real life only on pics

my dealer said they need painting as they come primed

would like them on mine as i think they add to pearl white car but price

been quoted from citroen

2 x £75 front
2 x £62 back

paint £91
all + vat

crazy was a £150 option on new car

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine is pearl white but not sure what you arereferringto.. can you post a pic?

·
Registered
470 Posts

If you have the dark-chrome packet, aren't the mouldings glossy with a dark chrome insert then?

Edited by: DShark

·
Registered
25 Posts
dug
I got the same info you did from the dealer when I was thinking of having them added .. in fact I think they quoted £300. Dealer said they were metal and came primed and had to be painted hence the high cost compared to sticky backed plastic/rubber. Bit daft if they are always ( intended to) be black, they could be delivered painted, but I suppose it allows you to make them body coloured instead of black if that is preferred.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine seem to be the same shiney plastic as the trim on the B pillar between the front and rear doors.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally, black, red and white units come with black strips with either chrome or dark chrome insert (if special style pack is included), whereas other colours get strips in the colour of the body plus a chrome insert. If you have them fitted you get a choice. Do you think black glossy mouldings would look good on shark grey? Or should they rather be in grey shark plus the upper part in chrome?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would go for the grey shark with the chrome not the black, but it is each to their own

·
Registered
551 Posts
Body coloured ones might want painting but mine are gloss black plastic with chrome trim.Surely these must be a standard option

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all your imputi think they are all painted
black is gloss black paint + chrome insert
colour is colour paint + chrome insert

i don't think any are just unpainted plastic with insert

i still can't get my head round the price to buy from citroen though £300 and it was a £150 option when new??
you would think they would want people to buy extras after??

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes thats right they come primed ready for you to paint whatever colour you wanti deffo want some for mine it's just the price...
they may have to wait a while

·
Registered
470 Posts
ajdar said:
Shark grey would be nice in shark grey side moulding colour- if black it does not quite match.
Thanks, that's what I think, too but still the black glossy ones are swish, ain't they? Hard decision to make...

·
Registered
155 Posts
(Mypersonalopinion sodon'ttake offence)I don'tlike those i think it spoils the look of the car TBH.

Edited by: g_p_t

·
Registered
155 Posts
DShark said:
g_p_t said:
(Mypersonalopinion sodon'ttake offence)I don'tlike those i think it spoils the look of the car TBH.
You mean side mouldnings in general or black glossy ones only?

The black glossy ones, might look ok if it was the same colour as the car

·
Registered
551 Posts

The side mouldings tie in well with the mirrors,door pillars and rear handles in my opinion

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
agreed chud...
seeing that deffo makes me want some for mine

looks right on white car....

just the stupid price though

1 - 20 of 31 Posts