Citroen DS4 Forums banner

quick help

7K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  rich.cath 
#1 ·
hi all
anyone with white better still pearl white with door mouldings

are the mouldings painted gloss black with chrome insert?
or is it plain black plastic with chrome insert?

not seen any in real life only on pics

my dealer said they need painting as they come primed

would like them on mine as i think they add to pearl white car but price

been quoted from citroen

2 x £75 front
2 x £62 back

paint £91
all + vat

crazy was a £150 option on new car

See less See more
#5 ·
dug
I got the same info you did from the dealer when I was thinking of having them added .. in fact I think they quoted £300. Dealer said they were metal and came primed and had to be painted hence the high cost compared to sticky backed plastic/rubber. Bit daft if they are always ( intended to) be black, they could be delivered painted, but I suppose it allows you to make them body coloured instead of black if that is preferred.

#7 ·
Originally, black, red and white units come with black strips with either chrome or dark chrome insert (if special style pack is included), whereas other colours get strips in the colour of the body plus a chrome insert. If you have them fitted you get a choice. Do you think black glossy mouldings would look good on shark grey? Or should they rather be in grey shark plus the upper part in chrome?

#10 ·
thanks for all your imputi think they are all painted
black is gloss black paint + chrome insert
colour is colour paint + chrome insert

i don't think any are just unpainted plastic with insert

i still can't get my head round the price to buy from citroen though £300 and it was a £150 option when new??
you would think they would want people to buy extras after??

#24 ·
DugI bought mine for the DS3 though the DS3club.co.uk
John Nicols parts manager at a Citroen dealer,gives good discount to club members
Sure they were about £120 delivered
Register on there and search for John and give him a ring and mention DS3 club,he is a really nice
bloke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.