Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I bought a 63 plate 1.6 DStyle in August of last year from a Citroen dealer and have had no problems so far. The car copes great with my 100+ mile commute each day.

Before collecting the car I had the DAB radio upgrade fitted by the dealer and all was good until about two weeks ago. Suddenly at the weekend the DAB stopped working and so did the Bluetooth. No connection with the Bluetooth and the menu option was disabled, and the DAB although you can switch to it does nothing, no access to presets etc.

So I took it back to the dealer and asked them to check it. They responded to say the diagnostics say that the radio is at fault and will need replaced. OK no problem I am happy with that it's all under warranty. I was told that ordering a new radio is a bit of a hassle for them (not that I care) but they'll let me know when it arrives, probably a week or two.

Yesterday I gat a call from them asking me to take the car back in so they can do some more investigation and "take some photographs". Is this the start of them trying to dodge out of replacing the radio or just common procedure? Should I be prepared for a fight to get the radio replaced if it is as they said initially broken?

The car is due a service and is going in a week today, when the radio will be checked again, so we'll see what the result is.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
At the end of the day, the car is under warranty, so they will be getting details for Customer ServicesCitroen will pay the dealer then
I would ring Citroen and explain the situation to them

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Did you ever get to the bottom of your radio problems?

I am having the same problem with the radio cutting out with the only choice being to switching to playing a CD. My Bluetooth cuts out mid conversation, and has got so bad I have completely disconnected my phone and resorted to my own hands free kit.

It has been back to Citroen on numerous occasions, and the whole radio has even been replaced but still the problem persists. I have been told it is because my iPhone is not compatible, but this is not even connected now so I do not believe that is the cause.

I'm interested to see if your problem was resolved.

Thanks,
Kate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts