Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advise. I bought a used DS4 8 months ago on an eleven plate. I paid £300.00 for a warranty. The car had done 42 thousand miles. Last week the radio/sat nav-etc stopped working . I took the car to Citroen who tell me that the radio has had it and I need a replacement at £800.00. As you can imagine I was shocked to say the least . Am I being ripped off . I rang the warranty and they say although they cover electrical faults this does not include the radio. Conned again. Is £800.00 right?. The dealer is Citroen of Newport.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Sorry to read this
Have you read the small print of the agreement?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yes it as the small print that says entertainment systems are not covered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again. I have looked on ebay . I would have to buy new from Citroen because there is no way that I could ever do the job myself, and the car has to be recoded etc . Too technical for me . I suppose that at least Citroen would have to give me a warranty with a new one. I just wondered if the price quoted was the same at all Citroen dealers in the UK. It seems an extortionate figure.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Try ringing a few other dealersAlso.....A good idea is to ring Citroen Customer Services and ask them fora goodwill contribution
Its possible, if the car has always been serviced by a Citroen Dealer
Good luck...That a serious amount of money to fork out

·
Registered
20 Posts
This guy maybe able to help, I know people have sent stuff to him for repair from C6's worth an email ask about DS4?<table ="fborder" style="border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0px; color: rgb44, 42, 42; font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; text-align: center; width: 688px;"><t><tr><td ="forumer3" style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; color: rgb93, 110, 117; padding: 4px; text-align: left; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb227, 227, 227; width: 405px; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">http://www.autotronics.eu/</td></tr></t></table>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts