Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have had two Ds4's and both have had a rattling/ clunking noise front the front of the car around the drivers side. its really annoying. has anyone else experiencing this? or know what it is? any help would be great! thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there, how old is your car, I'm new to the ds4, just over two weeks old, as my wife suggested we need another more practical car than what I currently drive, but it's sounding a little worrying.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've sometimes thought I heard a knocking noise in my DS4, but then I always realise it's just my keyring knocking against the steering column. No other strange noises from the front of the car that I've noticed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its been checked over by two Citroen garages and they cant find a problem with it, its just more annoying and wish i knew where it was coming from. Apart from that the car is perfect!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
the rattling may also come from the hatch door , there are those rubber bolts placed inside upon which the hatch door rests, they can be made longer / unscrewed or shorter / screwed, if they are too short the hatch rattles on uneven surface etc. That was my rattle case, perhaps worth checking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi,i have had my DS4 for 10 months from new, i also have a knock/rattle that i think comes from the o/s/f i think it sounds like the top bearing as when i turn slowly left ie:- onto my drive or into a car parking space then it groans, on road over rough parts /uneven then it knocks, have had it into my local dealer 4 times and they cant hear it or find it, this started after approx 2 months old. did your dealer find it was the engine mount or did you sort it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our DSd4 has a rattle from the front on rough roads - but I also notice it when my son slammed the door the other day. On further investigation I've found the radiator is rattling on its mounts! Phoning Citroen tomorrow to get it sorted. Maybe others have the same issue??

·
Registered
73 Posts
my top mount looks like its got splits in it. getting dealer to check it tomorrow, my car knocks when i go over a pothole going around a corner its ok in a straight line no knocking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've noticed a knocking noise when turning the steering to the right, the knocking coming from the left hand side, sounds like part of the suspension is loose, gets annoying.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you got the 19 inch alloys like my car it seem to knock going over bumps or pot holes when i go round corners. Had all the front check at the dealers they said every thing is ok .

·
Registered
227 Posts
DoomWolf said:
I've sometimes thought I heard a knocking noise in my DS4, but then I always realise it's just my keyring knocking against the steering column. No other strange noises from the front of the car that I've noticed.
I had this on my VW because of a chunky "VW" metal keyfob. Definately something to check and eliminate before further checks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally sorted by the dealer - Wilmoths of Battle. They first changed the auxiliary belt tensioner - that made a small difference. Then they found a bush holding the steering pump had failed - replaced and the rattle has gone. My initial idea about the radiator was wrong. Edited by: philoz

·
Registered
154 Posts
Philoz... were you happy with the service from Wilmoths at Battle? I ask because the team at Wilmoths in Maidstone have been very, very good right through the whole process of buying the car and its subsequent routine services. I'd certainly recommend them, and it seems from other posts on here that good dealers are few and far between!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes - they were great. said they would keep trying things until I was happy! Can't ask for more really - they even washed it without being asked!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts