Citroen DS4 Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why is it... nobody can give an exact or more detailed reply to the question being asked ... replying with the keyring banging off the steering colum !!! Or ratteling coming from the hatch door .. Read the question .. the man has a rattle or knock from the front of his ds4. If you dont know dond make stupid replies ...

I have the same issue.. i have ds 4 2.0 and t also have the annoying rattle or clunking noise from the front of the car ..

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
The description is a bit vague, noises are somewhat difficult to diagnose on a forum, being in or in front of the car would be a million times more useful.

And it's best to start your own topic if you have a problem you want an answer to.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Rattles or clunking from the front of the car is usually caused by worn drop links, bottom ball joints or slightly less likely, worn track rod ends.

MOT style check by someone who knows what they are doing or a garage will confirm any of these. If the car is new all are very unlikely.
Madfluffy - suggest you try a more reasonable approach than your previous comment on this thread

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finally sorted my major ds4 rattle this weekend!

I was getting clunks and rattles, noticeably on gear changes, but only once the car ad been driving round for an hour or so.
My mechanic had semi-sorted it by rerouting the gear change cable which passes over some sort of heat shield.
We also replaced both top engine mounts.

Anyhow, I decided to have a look this weekend because my wife was complaining (i bought myself a Laguna Coupe and gave her the DS4)
I took the soundproofing off the top of the engine and had a feel behind it - there's some sort of flexible heat shield that hooks onto the back of the engine - this was torn a bit, so it was only hanging on loosely - so one four inch strip of gaffer tape over the top of it, and all the rattles are gone! So my mechanic was on the right lines with the heat shield, but at the wrong end of it.

Quick hoover inside, and the wife says it feels like a new car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Knocking/ rattling noise now gone :) If anyone has this problem its the engine mount.
Cheers mate. I have the same issue with my 2016 1.6 Diesel. Had the drop links checked as that was what I thought the problem was but they were okay. I'll get the engine mounts checked! Thanks for the heads up.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts