Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All
I did mention this noise in another of my messages but wondered whether anyone else notices the noise the suspension makes when going over bumpy roads.

It has made the noise from new and I just assumed it was normal. The last couple of days it seems to have been getting louder or at least more noticable. It just sounds like it is a bit loose ( i know it isn't).

Richcy said he noticed the noise, but it went after awhile. He said maybe it is just my suspension settling in.

I have got the Cairns and thought maybe it was something related to these wheels, as didnt notice anything when I did the test drive and that car had the normal 18inches on.

Before popping (no pun intended
)to the dealer, just wanted to see if this is an issue others have noticed.

Cheers as always.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I certainly havent noticed that on mine, but I do have the 18inch wheels, so maybe someting peculiar to the 19inch. Best get it checked out?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Rev G.

I wanted to see if I could avoid the great customer service they offer and the usual excuse "that's what it's meant to do". That's why I was hoping to have a comparable before going in.

I need to go get some touch up paint so will ask at the same time (not holding out much hope though).

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yeah , I've had the "they all do that" answer from my dealer concerning my gearbox .I haven't had any problems with my suspension though . You could try ringing CitroenUK and reporting it to them , that's what I've done with my gearbox .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers SBK61.

I have booked it in today and they are going to look at my suspension and my back seat (it seems to keep coming loose and rattling as well).

Should we place bets now that I am told there is nothing wrong (getting very sceptical in old age)? Perhaps the fact that it is goin to Citroen West London (who apparently are not a dealer but are Citroen themselves) they may take extra care trying to fix the problem.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have an issue with a noise from thefrontof the car only happens atverylow speeds over bumps. Had it in for inspection when i had mybreakssorted and theycouldn'tfind anything. Took the engineer out for a drive to demonstrate but i was unable to replicate it.Iwonderedwhether its the plastic panels under the engine as they are quite loose fitting ..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheer g_p_t. Mine seems more prominent from the rear, but as we all know, trying to locate the origin of a rattle is worse than finding a needle in a hay stack.
If I am going over something like a speed hump, the noise is not really prominent, but on certain road surfaces it is a constant "rattling/loose" sort of noise.

Thankfully, mine is easy to replicate so shouldn't be a problem for the dealer to hear. I am more prepared for him to just say that it is normal. Thankfully, I can counter argue that by saying, it isn't as no one has really reported that issue on here.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Saeagle, I have a similar problem a certain times and I have 19" wheels.
So tell us your results from the garage please.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gone in today Rich.Cath
Went for a test drive with the mechanic who could hear the noise, but he seemed to think it was coming from the rear Seats (which is one of the problems I had taken it in for anyway). So we popped the seats down, and the noise was still there.

They called a little while back to say that they are stripping/taking the suspension apart more than had thought, so need to keep it in overnight. Hopefully it will be back tomorrow, but rather they try to get it fixed than keep going back. Did try and get a DS5 for the night, but no such luck.

He also mentioned about the back seat and the rattling, and surprise surprise, apparently this is a C4/DS4 issue because the passenger side rear seat is quite long and the latch can come loose. This didnt make much sense to me, as I think most cars have a 2 and 1 (that fold down), so surely all cars would make the noise. He said the way round this would be to put some tape around the latch so that it does not rattle. Will see tomorrow what they have discoverd.

Will fill in tomorrow (hopefully)

·
Registered
395 Posts
thank saeagle, look forward to the result

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the car back today.

Can't say I have noticed any difference on the noise from the suspension so perhaps it is to do with the types of tyres we have.

The insisted that they have checked all the suspension and couldn't hear the noise. They did however discover that the motor for the Handbrake (which is located under the spare wheel holder) was not fastened/screwed in and this could have been contributing to the noise I was hearing.

They have also realigned the catch on the back seat and put some tape around the latch so that if it continues to come loose it won't rattle.

Funny enough I noticed a new rattle when I got back in today. I am hoping it was just where the seatbelt height can be adjusted.

What was more of a surprise to me was to learn about the Citroen warranty. Apparently they will only look at rattles (or other wear and tear issues) in the 1st 3 months/3000 miles. After this they will not do these under warranty. This I find appalling. I had my car into Honda when ever it was needed and never had a problem. Also was never explained when buying or picking up the car.

With a negative rant above, I should also be positive about the dealer, who gave me a bag of skittles on collection and a free touch up paint kit.

·
Registered
395 Posts
saeagle, Thanks for the update. In reality they have body swerved the issue and not found anything, std Citroen approach - although sweets and touch up was a result. The issue of 'short' warranty on cosmetic items has caught me before with Citroen, and really should be highlighted to customers on purchase. Other firms can guarantee quality for full 3 years so why not Citroen? This whole poor warranty business is really starting to piss me off and spoil my DS experience, which is a crying shame as its a lovely car

·
Registered
135 Posts
I hadn't heard of the 3 month restriction on cosmetic items. I would have thought that a call to Trading Standards re parts not of satisfacrory quality would help. Trading Standards were very useful to me when I found that a brand new car had numerous paintwork faults. After getting a case reference number and having a very interesting conversation with the dealer I got a full refund and went elsewhere.

·
Registered
395 Posts
When other manufactuers are offering 5yr (Toyota, Hyundia), 7yr (Kia), and lifetime (Vauxhall) - it seems a bit tight that Citroen can't even have a comprehensive 3yr one. They were one of the last to change to 3yr from the 1 yr anyway. And interestingly enough if you look in your manual/logbook it says Citroen provide a 2yr warantee and the final year is a dealer one - or something like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ds4 Style 2.0 hid,2011, just spent 4days at local Citroen service,loaned C4 for that time diesel supplied.Rattle in rear,solution first change of shock absorber near side rear noise still there.Strip all trims at rear,no change,finally swop springs from near side to offside and grease at last a solution.How did they come to that conclusion? Lets hope it lasts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts