Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a black DS4 approx 4 months ago.

Over time I have noticed that the inside of the rear doors is scratched!

I can only assume that the rear doors vibrate and rub on the inside of the door frame which is causing this problem.

I have looked at the ds4 in the show room and you can see the same problem (all be it not so bad as I guess there not driven).

Being a black car this problem is so noticeable - (when you open the rear doors).

According to the dealer Citroen is not aware of the problem and are suggesting just repainting....of course this will be ok for a while but then the problem will come back.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem - or have I got a lemon ??

Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
117 Posts
paulc said:
Hi,

I bought a black DS4 approx 4 months ago.

Over time I have noticed that the inside of the rear doors is scratched!

I can only assume that the rear doors vibrate and rub on the inside of the door frame which is causing this problem.

I have looked at the ds4 in the show room and you can see the same problem (all be it not so bad as I guess there not driven).

Being a black car this problem is so noticeable - (when you open the rear doors).

According to the dealer Citroen is not aware of the problem and are suggesting just repainting....of course this will be ok for a while but then the problem will come back.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem - or have I got a lemon ??

Thanks for any comments.

I have a Hickory Brown DS4, and it's exactly the same. It is particularly prominent in the large painted triangular section - which seems bad, especially when it is so in your face. I have noticed this too on the inside of the boot, on both the left and right hand sides and at the bottom. Same for you?

I haven't checked around the driver door - will try and remember to do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a black pearl ds and have the same problems as richcy.I have cured mine to some extent by waxing the areas and applying autoglym interior cleaner to the rubber seals.I dont have the problem with the front doors.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine is Babylon red, registered July 2011 and has the same. I though I must have closed the door on something to cause it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi.

Thanks for the replies - I guess this is a common problem though !
After talking to the dealer yesterday they state that a temporary fix is to re-paint, re-lacure and put a protective film over it !

Dont think that this is good enough for a new car !!

As for the boot - not noticed this but I will look !

I am speaking to the dealer again at the end of the week so I will update you all.

Please post on here if anyone else has this problem ! - strength in numbers and all that !

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yes!Mine is the same.Maybe it's caused by grit getting trapped between the body and rubber door seal,if so I can't really see what can be done to stop it except keep it clean and waxed.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just had my DS4 in for its first service, I have the scratches on the inner rear door so mentioned them to the service department, he showed me a book from Citroen UK showing the scratches and the fix.

Customer choice

1. Paint the door inner frame

2. Polish out the inner frame

3. Put thick clear tape where the scratches were

Mine is booked in to have 2 and 3 done in two weeks time, didnt want the painting as they are not bad, apparently this is caused by the rubber, wasnt going to mention it but thought why not, glad I did

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's good that Citroen are addressing this problem but I can,t see any of the above being a cure.Repaint will just rescratch
Polish will just rescratch
Clear plastic will look ugly and scratch

I think repaint,polish,wax and keep as clean as possible is the best course of action but not a cure.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree with chud , the plastic will scratch although you can just peel the plastic off and replace it . I keep mine as clean as I can , put AG rubber care on the rubber and keep the paint waxedand my door shuts are ok.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ive the same issue but find I can deal with it with meguiras cleanser, then polish and wax.
Alternative is don't open the rear doors - - - - - after all it is thought to be a coupe

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, chaps
I'll be looking for this when I get my DS4!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Rev G said:
Ive the same issue but find I can deal with it with meguiras cleanser, then polish and wax.
Alternative is don't open the rear doors - - - - - after all it is thought to be a coupe

With the Rev, weld em up

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mine has the same issue. I figure the black plastic covering the door handle on the inner side protrudes a bit too much..there is friction between it and the door inner frame during movement that causes the scratches. Strangely it only happens to the right side rear door panel

·
Registered
227 Posts
ajdar said:
Mine has the same issue. I figure the black plastic covering the door handle on the inner side protrudes a bit too much..there is  friction between it and the door inner frame during movement that causes the scratches. Strangely it only happens to the right side rear door panel
I looked at the two DS4's I drive yesterday after reading about this.... The older one - a '61 plate had the start of pant rubbing, but as ajdar notes, it was only on the right door

The newer DS4 (and the one I bought) didn't yet show signs of this, but I will be keeping a watch out and probably wiping the door rubber with trim shine or similar on a regular basis to try and give a barrier between it and the side.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My rear door handles are scratched too.Are there more of you folks having this issue?

Edited by: 064harry

·
Registered
85 Posts
Please keep us updated Sir!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts