Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

When I purchased my DS4 I originally thought that the rear vents were exhausts:

It may be a minor detail - but, I was personally quitedisappointedto learn that these weren't connected up to the exhaust at all but instead there is just a normal exhaust behind this bit of plastic.

Is anyone aware of any modifications to connect these vents up in the way I had envisioned them? (making the 'exhausts' 'exhausts'!)

Richcy

Edited by: richcy

·
Registered
578 Posts
Looks like the previous Civic which were exhausts on higher spec engines.
I'll wait with interest to see if anyone comes up with something!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Richey, I agree at first I also thought same as you
. Although looking at exhaust (163 diesel), which is huge, not sure how they would split it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Seen the Spanish website...the cars full of gizmos...pity i dont understand spanish.Ours purely cosmetic , similar to the previous Suzuki Swift rear end designed to mimic a dual exhaust....

·
Registered
231 Posts
I like some bits like the rear camera and temp/time
but am I the only one who thinks that exhaust system looks all wrong ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hate to say it, because the Spanish guy has clearly put plenty of effort in, but that car looks terrible.

The middle console now seems like a home project from Maplin and is now over-cluttered.

Had he made things a bit more subtle, i would have applauded the effort!

Edited by: iwelford

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree with iwelford, a lot of effort though, but the temp gauges look like they are from a from an 80's car.

I do like the camera's, however it would have been neater if it was integrated into the sat nav screen already there.

I also applaud the effort, but the interior is a little too cluttered.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd really like to see a mod that puts a touchscreen in where the stereo screen is.

Something like a Google nexus with the case removed and placed where the stereo screen is now that would allow you integrate the existing features with things like Google maps for those of us who were too tight to buy the upgrade :)

Never going to happen, but I can dream. There was an aftermarket satnav upgrade for the DS3 but it was quite expensive and didn't really seem that great.

The tech is there, it is just the programming that needs done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts