Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can recommend this pet dryer which is the same as the car dryers apart from the cord/hose lengths, but a fraction of the price and is the same as my professional detailer uses, so comes highly recommended and makes contractless drying of a protected car very easy and safe, minimising the risk of introducing swirls and scratches

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111298376953&alt=web

Not sure if this will work, but it is a vid of it in action removing rain water, bit wobbly though with phone in one hand and dryer in the other sorry!!

https://goo.gl/photos/Ddefapj2uXbb3hfC9Edited by: Becki_Justin

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Do you have some experience of a particular car cleaning/detailing product or a gadget that helps to keep your car in great condition?..ie. Pressure washer, Wax, Polishing Machine, Sealant etc...
Post your recommendations here

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a very annoying wiper blade scratch extending the full sweep of the blade. You could feel the scratch with your nail which normally means it cannot be polished out as it would cause optical distortion to the screen which would be as equally annoying as the scratch.
Spent some time researching and a few phone calls and found a company called Glasweld Systems who reckoned there system could do it distortion free.
They have a nationwide mobile service and yes they polished them it out distortion free, not cheap at £108 but did take two hours so not bad value really.

Glasweld Systems 01634 735600

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Pancake, The insurance will not replace the windscreen for those annoying scratches that do not constitute a MOT failure, they will cover the cost of repairing a chip because that could lead to a windscreen crack which would cost them more money.

It is always best to keep the original screen, because in a lot of cases the replacements although fit for purpose are not up to the original quality....but if your car is less than twelve months old you can insist on a original replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.