Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to get me some Alloygators to stop the inevitable kerb crunching. I was going to go for black, but.... I think red works better with grey and matches that red leather interior:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will try and take a few close ups later. I took some yesterday but it was so bright and hot (not complaining!) that it was hard to get a good shot.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they do! Its called the alloy gator crocodile skin tuff case protector shield skin cover.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rev G,

relatively easy. My front tyres are Nankangs and I really had to whack them quite hard to get them in. The back tyres are Michellins and they went on much more easily.

I also discovered my car does not come with a jack as it has that gel based puncture repair kit that does not require the car to be jacked up. So had to borrow one. Also, had to keep the engine on for the back wheels so the handbrake was off and I could rotate the wheels.

All in all took a bit more than an hour.

·
Registered
470 Posts
You needn't have kept the engine on while fitting the rear tyre gators. You should've pressed the footbrake or in some cars the accelerator pedal along with the handbrake, ignition on and that would havedone the trick.
The handbrake is then released with ignition off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah top tip. I thought that once I turn the car off the handbrake goes on - if I understand you, you mean turn the engine off but leave ignition on?

·
Registered
470 Posts
You don't need to turn engine on to release the handbrake. With ignition on apply the two brakes at once (or the accelerator - check it), then turn ignition off, the handbrake stays released.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good photos King Koresh, i have the same model as you 2.0HDI Sport but in Black and was thinking those would those Alloygators would look good in Black. Plus been Paranoid about Kerbing them as they are perfect for the time being

Where about did you get your ones about?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got them from alloygators.com I think you can only get them from them directly.

Of course, now I have them on, I will never kerb them again.... Actually, I have to get to Reading on Friday and the carpark I need to use has the most god awful tight turns so will see how well they hold up!

I have to say I am really pleased with the way they look on the car and I think they would look pretty good on a black one too! Go for it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cheers, Just had a look at them on the website. Out the country the now but ill get them ordered and post a picture when they are fitted
Cheers

·
Registered
551 Posts
Will these cover any kerbing already on the wheel?It looks from your pics like they overlap the edge of the wheel slightly

·
Registered
8 Posts
My local Citreon has just quoted me a price of £125 fitted, worth it?

Car is silver and was thinking of having silver or black rather than a contrasting colour.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts