Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I could'nt resist and bought the red brake caliper paint and the Citroen brake caliper stickers. I have to say 3 coats of paint and the stickers on and its the dogs b....cks!!The cost for these calipers specced are over £350- grand total cost for me was £5 for paint and £6 for front /back caliper transfers, and 3hrs work per side.

Unfortunately you can also see my chewed front wheels - from old cobbled streets near work in Hull.

First picture is larger front caliper, second picture smaller rear caliper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This looks very smart.

Did you remove the wheels beforehand?

Also where did you buy the paint and stiicksrs from and do you know if blue paint is available.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got both from Evilbay both paint and sticker colours could be specced.

CITROEN Brake Caliper Decals Stickers for C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6 DS3 DS4 DS5 Saxo
Item Number 350797170495

BRAKE CALIPER DRUM PAINT METAL STEEL HEAT RESISTANT ENGINE High Temperature TempItem Number 270908604320

Basically raised one side of car with hydraulic jack and jacks and removed both front and back wheels - left brake calipers on, wire brushed and de-greased calipers, then 3 coats of paint with 1hr between, then decals.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Rev, well spotted!Front wheels mainly, due to steering car as well.
Where I work is old cobbled street in Hull old town, and unfortunately, the only way in to car park.
It is a thin road between buildings in an alley and the cobbled bit and kerb is exactly the car wheelwidth, with the 19" alloys, and because of the alley, I cannot mount kerb as its only 8" wide either side to wall with big steel inserts (from old carriage days!) and my mirrors have only a couple of inch clearance either side anyway.
It catches the outer alloy rim and has almost worn the protector rubber on tyres off - but nothing I can do.

I have bought the wheelwrapz to cover the damage but no point putting them on yet as they would just rip off as there is no tolerance gap on this bit of road.
Hopefully we will move building soon and I can then solve issue.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Looks good Rich

I thought my wheels were bad

I found a place to refurb them on the web and it was in Beverley
when I went the other day it had closed due to retirement

There is a place in Hull,so will try them next

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've just ordered in blue. I would like to match with my speedo. It reminds me of my r56 cooper s, but this new ds4 is making me quickly forget.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ben have to say the white decals really finish it of well - I recommend them.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To answer questions in strict rotation.
The car is white so red brakes kind of has impact. Looked cat yellow ( fashionable on Seat currently) and blue but did not have that pow-wow factor for me!
Yes tractor tyres may help, as will moving premises, I doubt my employee will pay anything towards the damage as he will argue (rightly) I don't have to use the free car park I could pay at local multistory!
Chud its all the 'Humberside' roads that do it! Keep me posted about the place in Beverley as not too far for me. There is one in Scunthorpe, but not going there until avoid damage at work, or waste of money.
As for balancing, got 2 new front tyres a few months back, and they were redone anyway with scuffs. Only problem was tracking way out, but they sorted that.

·
Registered
551 Posts
RichTook a ride to Beverley last week and the place had shut due to retirement

There is a place in Hull called Wheel Em In on English St
Might check them out when I get time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts