Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lucky in that I've come from years of very reliable cars and I don't want to rock the boat with that, I hate spending time at the garage having repairs done!

I think most modern cars are quite reliable these days but I have seen Citroen slipping down the reliability index, anything I should be worried about?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi i was a bit worried about buying my first citroen witch was a piccaso because you read all about electrical
problems, but i can say that i never had a problem,so if you are thinking of buying a ds4 look at reviews on auto trader and parkers and other car web sites this may make up your mind

·
Registered
176 Posts
Had ours since July 2015, was the dealerships Managers car registered late Feb 2015. Had done 3.5k miles when we got it and has done just over 8k now and am happy to report zero issues so far. No regrets, would buy another tomorrow if it got stolen/written off etc

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was musing over the concept of reliability whilst chatting to a bloke who asked for my help to jump start his 2009 Passat CC - he mentioned he's owned it for four years and every year it gives him £1,500 of bills for non-service items and he is sick of it, but being a VW it must of course be reliable...

Not sure which stats you are looking at that suggest Citroen's performance is slipping, ours have been reliable (touch wood) and I know many other people with Citroen's that have proved reliable over the years too

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Ours too

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lot of internet and tv show myths ime. My friend is on his 10th Peugeot in a row, a RCZ, starting with a 205 back in the 90s, and he had only had 2 issues in all that time, a seat belt sensor light in a 306 and a roof retraction failure on a 307cc which was a quick fix. Likewise our Clio has been fault free with the exception of a belt idler pulley becoming squeeky in the 8 years we have had it and the same with the father_in_laws Vectra, now 8 years old and only a recirc valve filter issue that effects most diesels doing short journeys. In contrast my brothers Audi A4 Estate and his wife's Audi TT have had numerous faults including; electric Windows, reversing sensors, ecu replaced, dash lights .......! Obviously a small sample but I'm happy to enjoy the 2nd hand discounts these stupid generalisations/rumors/stereotypes provide!Edited by: Becki_Justin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.