Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DS4 DSport with the TPMS system and I wonder if anyone has had any issues when they've changed the tyres due to having this system?
I know the sensors are all logged by the ECU as being in a certain position, ie n/s/f , n/s/r etc so the computer can tell you when theres a problem and which wheel is involved,but the handbook says changing tyres should be done by Citroen if you have the TPMS. I assumed that what they are saying is that after changing tyres the ECU needs resetting but I can't see why that's necessary if the valve sensors are not changed.Does this mean tyre sensors should be changed every time a tyre is changed? From experience I know sensors are expensive so surely you don't need to change them every time like an ordinary tyre valve.

Anyone had any issues?

·
Registered
66 Posts
My only experience is that I noticed a nail in a tyre and drove the car to the tyre fitter to have the almost new tyre repaired before it deflated. The tyre was vulcanized. I told the fitter that the car had a tyre pressure monitoring system and he left the valve in situ while the tyre was removed and repaired. The tyre was refitted and inflated and I haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've just put 2 new Kumho's on the back of mine and the tyre fitter (not at a Citroen dealer) simply changed the valve and left the sensor in place. I initially got a "Puncture" warning message on the dashboard for just one of the two wheels, but this went away as soon as I'd driven 25 yards or so. Not had any problems since.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm now assuming the tyre valve sensor is in two pieces? Maybe the valve screws out of the sensor? In any event it's good to know changing tyres isn't going to be a problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This it what it looks like...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts