Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I probably haven't read the manual correctly, but how do you reset the main tripometre on the main dash (by the speedometer as opposed to the options 1 and 2 on the radio part)?

I figured out how to put back the one on the radio console part to zero, but the one on the main dash did not go back to 0. I like doing this so I can keep an eye on how many miles I do on a new tank.

Cheers in advance (and sorry if this is really obvious)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers DShark.

This is what I did to reset the one on the radio console, but it did not seem to reset the one on the main dash. I assume you mean the wipers stalk as to where this button is?

Originally I had the computer (on the radio dash)on programme 2 but I reset programme 1 as want to use one for that particular tank readings and the other one for my total average over the life of the car (hope that makes sense).

Have I just missed something blatant or is my trip not working properly?

Cheers

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah that's exactly what I meant, works fine with me. But we probably have different systems as I have the navi. I reset thetrip by pressing and holding the button.

You can also do it with the left bottomscroll wheel on the steering wheel, press and hold, try this if the wipers stalk buttondoesn't do the trick.Edited by: DShark

·
Registered
155 Posts
theres a button just above the steering column to the right, it has aspannersymbol + 000 on it, press and hold for 5 seconds
Edited by: g_p_t

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers DShark and G_p_t.

I'll give your methods a try in the morning. Is the spanner the one that normally tells you when your next service is due?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Saeagle said:
Cheers DShark and G_p_t.

I'll give your methods a try in the morning. Is the spanner the one that normally tells you when your next service is due?

yes it is just hold it in for 5 seconds to reset trip

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your method worked g_p_t. Cheers.
Now if only I could have found an answer to closing the boot as easily

·
Registered
231 Posts
Saeagle there must a problem with yours?
mine shuts real easy with a nice clunk eveytime

i have more issues with clunky gearbox

·
Registered
268 Posts
dug said:
Saeagle there must a problem with yours?
mine shuts real easy with a nice clunk eveytime

i have more issues with clunky gearbox

I think the gearbox has more to do with the engine mounts, if you hold the stick whilst accelerating there's a lot of movement, this wont help the gear selection.

·
Registered
231 Posts
your probably right

first to second is appalling
feels like the sincros are gone it's that bad
my last car had 190k miles on clock and box was slicker and smoother

·
Registered
312 Posts
Dug
Mine is the same going first to second , it even crunches if I rush it when cold . I have found if I hold the revs a bit it will go in better , another sign of poor synchro ' s I think . I mentioned it to my dealer when it was in for a service and they said it was ok , the service manager said the gearbox was appalling and that his had got the same going from fourth . Not a lot of help really !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts