Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has bought the standard rubbing strips (standard on DSport, optional on DStyle & Dsign) AFTER they have got their cars?
I have seen a post where someone has persuaded Citroen to pay for parts and painting of the strips and half the labour and got the strips fitted by the dealer, but what about just buying and fitting themselves?
Most makers seem to have moved over to the self-adhesive tape method to secure the strips (this is what I had with the Nissan Qashqai and Suzuki Swift ones), but I am advised that the DS4 ones require securing connectors that are physically attached to the doors via screws or suchlike?

While the "proper" ones look best, not that keen on having holes drilled in the doors TBH, So if not the official rubbing strips, anyone fitted, or looked at any aftermarket alternatives which look good on the car? I still have my Qashqai ones, and tempted to see what they would look like (plain black rubber, but no chrome
) as I am keen to protect the doors from dings.

Cheers
David

·
Registered
312 Posts
Have you tried E bay some dealers sell stuff on there . I would think you would get away with double side tape to hold them on , if it works for other makes why not Citroen [my son stuck a boot spoiler on hiswith tape and it was still on when he sold it 2 years later ]the standard ones do need painting though!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SBK61 said:
Have you tried E bay some dealers sell stuff on there . I would think you would get away with double side tape to hold them on , if it works for other makes why not Citroen [my son stuck a boot spoiler on his with tape and it was still on when he sold it 2 years later ] the standard ones do need painting though ! 
Tried eBay and nothing there yet. Maybe in the future ones may come up?

My old Qashqai ones are too long

Painting them is not a problem as can do that myself (I do SMART repairs
). Might speak to dealer again about this (on the parts system, there was not a "kit" showing up at all, just a strip.)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hifirst it was me that got them from dealer

you can get them yourself from main dealer £150ish
they come primed ready to paint with the chrome bits on
they come with double sided tape on, this is how they fit them on
there is no drilling just paint, peel backing off and stick on:-0)
just make sure you line them up straight

well worth the investment as they really finish off the car

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dug said:
Hifirst it was me that got them from dealer

you can get them yourself from main dealer £150ish
they come primed ready to paint with the chrome bits on
they come with double sided tape on, this is how they fit them on
there is no drilling just paint, peel backing off and stick on:-0)
just make sure you line them up straight

well worth the investment as they really finish off the car
Thanks for post, Interesting

The dealer I bought the car from was convinced they were screwed on, which surprised me as that is a very outdated method nowadays.

You don't happen to have the part number(s) you ordered do you?

Cheers

David.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Afternoon,
I am new to the forum, and am due to take delivery of a new DS4.
I would like to add the rubbing strips prior to delivery and would' be very grateful if you could let me know which dealer supplied you the Parts.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Keith

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just a thought but if you put them on with double sided tape I would be tempted to seal them all the way round as well with clear sealant to prevent water getting in as this is the only way it might come off as double sided tape is very strong but you would be wise to pre heat the panel before you apply moulding, I've put headlight brows on with clear sealant and it worked a treat, if you use this method you may need to mask the trim very near the edge and apply sealant sparingly, hope this helps good luck. (Just realised you're a smart repairer you'll probably know all this!)
Edited by: Bandit

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi

I work at a car dealership (not a Citroen dealer) in the parts dept and deal with accessories a lot. Every main dealer will have the same parts information to look at, as long as they are listed for retro-fit (for fitment after the car is built) you should be okay, your dealer should be able to quote a fitted price inc labour, this means they will have Citroen fitting instructions and be able to tell you how they fit on. If the labour price is reasonable, I'd advise getting the dealer to fit, if one does drop off you can go back to them ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts