Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone can help, I have a citroen DS4 2013 with sat navigation and parking sensors, but no revesig camera, has anyone fitted an after market camera and connected to the display so it works when the the car is put into reverse?

Does anyone have a idea of where to buy a camera and how it would be fitted?

Any help, comments or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Darn.
That'd be a nice addition to my DS4 but that's over $650 Aussie dollars !!

·
Registered
492 Posts
From what I can gather - no.
The only solutions I've found are like this one. They're basically a 'pass-through switch box'.
The original CD player is a separate component to the display and these solutions get installed between them and provide a video input that can be used for a camera. The new box provides trigger inputs that can be wired into the reversing lights so that when reverse is engaged the box swaps the signals feeding the LCD from the original to the new video input / camera.
It'd be really nice to have a rear view camera but I'm not sure I need it that much $$$

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi BigTman,

Can you add more details on how it's done? How did you connect to the multimedia display? Which camera did have you bought, the url that you added is no longer available...

Thanks.

·
Registered
492 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Wow. You can get rear view mirrors with DVR functionality, built in camera, multi camera crash recording and GPS built in !!
I was only interested in the rear camera view originally but now maybe a built in front facing camera and crash cam recording is a good bonus.

Now to think about the mounting because we have a pretty non-standard windscreen / mirror combo .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts