Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new ds4 1.6 diesel and have found that it struggles at 30 mph in 4th gear many times i have to go down to 3rd to stop the vibration. Anyone else experience this ?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Is it the brand new 'blue' HDi 120? If so, it seems to have slightly taller gearing than the 115bhp version it replaced - the 2.0HDi blue has the same issue, ours needs to be in 3rd at urban speeds as it's not happy in 4th unless on the complete flat, where as our old 1.6HDi was entirely happy in 4thEdited by: Frank Bullitt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi frank, thank you for your reply. My model is the elegance 1.6 diesel 120 2016 it is not at all happy to sit in 4th on 30 mph i have found that it needs to be at 37/38 for the vibration to go away. The change up indicator comes on about 35mph. I think that ds have got theit revs very wrong.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Frank Bullitt said:
Is it the brand new 'blue' HDi 120? If so, it seems to have slightly taller gearing than the 115bhp version it replaced - the 2.0HDi blue has the same issue, ours needs to be in 3rd at urban speeds as it's not happy in 4th unless on the complete flat, where as our old 1.6HDi was entirely happy in 4th

Slight thread drift Frank - how is the towing getting on ?

Ian

·
Registered
544 Posts
Very good indeed - I know the obsession is to get an SUV or similar but I find the unit excellent, out first distance total
Is to Hampshire at Easter. On a trip to thetford in September it made me chuckle as I gave it beans coming off the roundabouts on the A11 and leaving traffic behind! The car is very happy toeing and from a stability perspective it's fantastic (our caravan has an inbuilt stabiliser though).

Can't wait to take it down to Le Sables d'Olone in the summer!

I think our old car would have been okay but the 2.0 makes distance driving very relaxed indeed, can't wait to get out on the autoroutes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts