DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My wife picks up her new DS4 Dstyle 1.6HDI on Sat - not sure who is more excited, her or me!

A few questions:

How do people find the ride quality - in particular the Dstyle diesel?Most reviews I have readpoint to it being particularly harsh? I assume the Dstyle will be more comfortablethan the Dsport?

How does the mood lighting work? Are the footwells illuminated or any part of the interior trim?

Do track / album names appearwhen paying music via USB? Screen seems a little small?

A little nervous about buying a Citroen but how have people found reliability/ rattles / creaks?

Citroen assist? (emergency & breakdown buttons)- the test drive vehicle (Dstyle also)had these but the car the wife is buyingdoes not include them? Brochure says only Dsports have this option? Has there been a model change recently and discontinued on Dstyle's?

Thanks all in advance!

Finally - windscreen wipers. I understand these are set for LHD - I assume they clear the windscreen????

·
Registered
472 Posts
Cant answer all the questions but will help where I can

I have the DSport THP 200 with 19" wheels and the ride is firm but more than comfortable enough, my last car was a Jag XF and that was slightly more comfortable but the ride is no where near as harsh as people say.

The "mood lighting" is basically the ability to set the dash lighting up through from white to purple for the outer ring of the dash and a different variation on the inner ring of the dash

Cant comment on the model change

Have a look at the forum regarding the CD when it works it shows tracks etc but does not often see the CD 80% of the time it or at least mine and a few others says CD unreadable, the dealer will change them out but for the DSport then need to replace the sat nav and everything else, I have had mine checked and am getting it swapped out at the first service. At the moment I have put my CD collection from iTunes onto a 16gb pen drive and it works perfectly

No creaks, rattles or bangs.

I am getting about 40 mpg on a mixed run, I have just done a run from Leeds to the Isle of Skye with no discomfort at all and the roads on Skye leave a lot to be desired.

Yes the Windscreen wipers are setup for LHD but do clear the windscreen no problem, I think if you were 6 foot 6 then there will be a fair bit that is obscruing your view but if less then 6 foot you should be ok

I am sure you will enjoy the car mine goes great and turns a lot of heads

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that - useful stuff. Might get her the16GB mini sandiskUSB stick which should go unnoticed. I assume you converted from MP4 to MP3 or did you simply drag and drop? Good news that the track names / album are shown - the screen does look rather small.

Hopefully the ride should be OK and not betoo crashy, considering it is running on slightly smaller wheels than yours. Have read refinement is very good on the open road.

Shame no stop start - mpg's would be higher and CO2 / road tax lower - most cars come with this feature!

Hoping the DS4 behaves itself - there seems to be a fair amount of issues with electrics / warnings! Hoping they have ironed out some of the issues 12 months on.

Still, fantastic looking car - best looking compact on the roadwith the Alfa Gulietta.Our shortlist included the golf (bland), countryman, i30 and qashqai. Good level of equipment too.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I just dragged out of the Itunes folder and created a new folder then copied this onto the memory stick, not sure about the mini usb stick mine is a standard one and where it goes next to the cigar lighter you can hardly notice it. Touch wood apart from the CD I have had no problems at all and I never listen to CD's the only reason I will get it fixed is because it should work if and when I want it to.

Some of the models have the start stop not sure which ones it is at least I think they do not the 200 but some of the 160's do I think, check the brochure and I am sure it is in there or it might be the Gear Change Indicator not sure.

As you say it looks great and the 200 goes very well

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the d style diesel

The ride is not harsh and the elevated ride is a joy

As far as the USB stick yes it shows tracks you can set screen in various formats

I have had no rattles and had a ds3 before which was great and was high quality. I did own a Citroen zx years ago and that was a totally different story.

You can set the lighting into different formats and I have footwell lights on when I enter the car, you can also have see me home lights which are brilliant

My car has Citroen assist buttons and the emergency service call when air bags deployed

Windscreen wipers are fine , they can seem small against panoramic windscreen

It's a great car and 52 mpg you will love it or your wife willEdited by: Aldo

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have the 1.6D egs and it comes with stop start ignition

Ride quality is fine, a bit harder than the C5, but compensated for by better handling

Just tried the CD player and it works fine, with track info display. I tend to use the USB or Bluetooth media which works fine despite some initial compatability issues

Fuel consumption is a bit disappointing as I had high expectations.

The best part about this car is its difference to the prevailing blandness out there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all

What are everyones thoughts on the quality of the sound system - acceptable?

Also, do the DS4's come with orange LED's in the ceiling by the front courtesy lights to illuminate the gear stick area? It seems the C4 may have this??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi there

To me the sound system is pretty OK. Sometimes it lacks a bit of bass but in general its good. As to internal leads, there are 3 white leds on the plastic trim above the mirror which shine towards the gear stick. Not entirely sure how effective they are because I'm rarely driving in complete darkness.

Hope this helps.. Azzy

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi
I'm sure you wont be sorry with you purchase,I've got the DStyle 2.0hdi and love it. I did'nt take a lot of notice of the reviews,the press seem to praise the companys that advertise with them most.I had a C4 before and they said it was plagued with electrical problems,i had no problems and neither did two other peopleI know who had them.The ride is firm but fine,no discomfort. My car has the emergency and breakdown buttons and is a 2012 car. The sound sytem is ok, a lot better than the one Vauxhall supplied with my last car.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've had the DStyle 1.6 for about 4 weeks and it's a fantastic car. I've already done 2000 miles in it and have loved every minute! Mpg on a mostly motorway run was 55.3 Mine was showroom car and has got the Denon sound system which I think sounds good. I've had my ipod playing through it for most of the 2000 miles.Not sure about the subwoofer in the boot as, when the boot's full, it's a bit blocked.
This might sound a bit sad, but I even enjoy washing it: the bodywork curves are very tactile.
Mine has got a slightly annoying buzz from somewhere near the front passenger's head but can't locate it, but if I turn the music up you can't hear it!
The main display on mine sometimes comes on immediately and sometimes takes about 10 seconds; don't understand why, but it doesn't bother me - yet.
he ride is certainly firm, but no worse than I would expect from a car with low profile tyres.

·
Registered
472 Posts
DS4 Sport, mine takes about 10 - 15 seconds when I am in the Garage and a lot less when it is outside, I put this down to it waiting for a sat signal might be might be wrong but I can handle the 10 - 15 seconds at times my old tom tom used to take a couple of mins to find a sat signal

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all - good to hear people are generally positive about their cars. Without a shadow of a doubt a fantastic looking car and I too am looking forward to cleaning it! Spoke with the salesman yesterday and it appears ours will not have the Citroen eTouch system which is a shame, apparently there was a model change a month back or so - it's only standard on Sportmodels.

Can't wait to configure the car - its not even mine!

Also, not surewhat everyone has colour wise - ours is a showroom car so no choice but Shark Grey does look great. Do you recall if Shark Grey was always a colour choice? All theused DS4 cars (grey)on the Citroensite refer to Thorium grey and Fluid grey? Again, maybe a new colour on the model change?

Engine wise, I felt the 1.6HDI had some decent pace considering the bhp or offer.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi
Mine is also Shark Grey. Its a darker shade than Thorium Grey.
Love it as it does not show the dirt and grime as much as white or black.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, I must admit I haven't seen a colour that doesn't suit the DS4, mine is Babylon Red, a DSPORT 2.0 HDI. Looks like the majority of people have gone for black, white or grey though. I live just off junction 13 of the M25 and my daily commute takes me up te M40 in the morning and down the M4 in the evening. I have seen two other DS4s since picking mine up in July last year; a white one on the M4 a couple of weeks ago near Slough and a grey one parked up by Shepperton lock late last year. Still rare on the road.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Reliability good, same as on my old C3, no problem
at all , even my C3 was
from first release 2002. Music can
You switch between CD, radio , USB
and connected smartphone. Having Sportedition THP200. Great car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a white Dstyle HDI on 18 inch rimsand have done 5,000 miles in about 7 weeks so far.
The ride is crashy on bad surfaces around town, but no worse than my other two cars which are an SRI Corsa on 17 inch rims and an SXI corsa C on 15 inch rims.

The DS4 is my work car and replaces a 59 plate BMW 318d which had done 90,00 miles. The ride is no worse than the BMW which was also crashy on pot holes. The seats are less supportive than the firm seats in a BMW but this is made up for by the adjustable lumbar supports.

Cornering and turn in are as good as the BMW and power and pick up, very little between em, but the DS is more fun to drive and puts a smile on my face every day I go to work. Mine is doing between 150 and 250 miles each day that I go to work.

I have a 16gb flashdrive with MP3 tracks ripped at 320Kbps and it loads the tunes each day in about 30 seconds and yes id does display Artist, album and track name depending on how you configure your menu settings

1 - 17 of 17 Posts