Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry - loads of questions but here's another one.

Anyone use a box? I've heard Thule are decent, looking for anything that people have tried so I know will work.

What bars do you use also?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have Thule Aerobars with a Kamei Dolphin roofbox, bought from the roofbox company (on-line) it all fits and works perfectly only Thule's awful instructions let it down but they are fathomnable!

I think the box is a 340 and with the Thule bars it leaves enough space for a single bike on there too - unlike the Citroen bars which are too narrow, also the Thule ones work with any foot and connectors so if you replace your car you don't have to replace it all.

The whole lot was £400 as part of a bars and box offer. I've borrowed other roofboxes before including a top-spec Thule one, it was very nice but not remotely worth the extra cost over the Kamei - only downside is that the box can only open one side so ours is ordered for uk nearside.Edited by: Frank Bullitt

·
Registered
95 Posts
I use Thule bars and fitting kit and an older Halfords 360L box. Bars and fitting kit were a bit of trouble when first reading the instructions, but, it is easy to work out in the end. Easy to refit on subsequent uses after the bars are set up to the correct dimensions on the first fit.

Roof box was cheap and cheerful and meets my needs so don't see point in paying for a top end box if I'm not using it all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts