Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was hoping someone could provide advice on tyres. I have a 61 DS4 Sport with 19" alloys with have tyre pressure monitoring fitted. I have run flat tyres (225/40/R19/Y93) on the car currently and front two require replacing.

I have been quoted between £173 to £230 for each run flat tyre. My question is Do I need run flats? A friend of mine has been telling me I can get normal tyres as they will be cheaper and do the job. As the car doesn't carry a spare tyre but a inflation unit (think that was it is call) does it matter if I have run flats or not? Are run flats the best option or just the expensive option?

Also do I need to go to Citroen to get these fitted because of the TPMS or will most normal tyre places ensure this is unaffected?

Any advice will be most appricated

Edited by: DS4Wolf

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a DS4 sport tyres on my car are Michelin PS2 they are not run flats if they were they would have ZP on the side wall.Go on oponeo.co.uk for big tyre discounts they deliver free to your door.
Edited by: essexpaul

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't know about run flat tyres but can comment on the TPMS. My local garage changed my tyres recently and were careful not to disturb the sensors... they worked perfectly afterwards, but one did show a puncture until I had driven 100 yards or so for it to settle down and reset itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
essexpaul said:
I have a DS4 sport tyres on my car are Michelin PS2 they are not run flats if they were they would have ZP on the side wall.Go on oponeo.co.uk for big tyre discounts they deliver free to your door.
Mine say ZR on current tyre but will just buy standard tyre. No need for run flats. Thanks for helpEdited by: DS4Wolf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts