Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice regarding paint work bubbling on the bonnet. took my 2013 DS4 with 35k to ChipsAway, he said that he would not touch it as he could not give a warranty if he done the job. He said to claim under the anti corrosion warranty which he believes is 12 year as it is rust due to the bonnet catch which is in a current recall. Anyone got Citroen Uk phone number?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Theres a recall for the front bonnet latch which in some circumstances require the bonnet to be replaced/resprayed.Ring the dealer and quote Recall NUH. the check should be free of charge and so should any work required.

Sounds all linked as the bonnet catch mounts rust and fail :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, took the DS4 to my local dealer about bubbling bonnet paint and they told me because car over 3 yr old they couldn,t do anything. As you can imagine i was not happy about it. Also the alloy wheels are corroding which again is common but same response from dealer. Wondering if i did the right thing purchasing it which was only 12 months ago and these faults were not there then. ANY HELP PLEASE.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anti perforation warranty is 12years.... but the critical caveat is they need to do an AP inspection every 4 years. So if yours is over 3years but younger than 4 then it should be covered.

·
Registered
56 Posts
mikeyhds4 said:
Hi, took the DS4 to my local dealer about bubbling bonnet paint and they told me because car over 3 yr old they couldn,t do anything. As you can imagine i was not happy about it. Also the alloy wheels are corroding which again is common but same response from dealer. Wondering if i did the right thing purchasing it which was only 12 months ago and these faults were not there then. ANY HELP PLEASE.
If it has a Citroen FSH they will replace the bonnet if all the criteria is met.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just took mine to Duxfords for a service and its 1st anti perforation check (4 years), they noticed light bubbling on the bonnet and said they would submit a claim. Well I just got a text from them saying the claim had been upheld and to arrange bringing the car in to have a new bonnet fitted, bloody good service if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
10 Posts
like I mentioned earlier citroen refused my request for a new bonnet because the 4 yr anti corrosion check was missed , but had a recall for rust around the bonnet catch, so I pointed out do you really think its wise rust proofing an already rusty panel I also asked for a signed document to say the panel would be safe which of course they wouldn't give me , so a new bonnet was the only course of action left

·
Registered
492 Posts
Nice work and logically honest.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Good one Dave
Way to go!!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Great news

·
Registered
34 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday from the body shop... No more bubbles and paint chip on the front

Pearlescent white which is probably the worst colour to match but they did a good job.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts