Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am beginning to find rust spots appearing in odd places, eg, numberplate edges etc, I will address this when it goes in for a service but wanted to know if this has appeared on other DS4's.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ben.greenaway said:
Hi, I am beginning to find rust spots appearing in odd places, eg, numberplate edges etc, I will address this when it goes in for a service but wanted to know if this has appeared on other DS4's.
Wouldn't know about DS4 specifically, but I see this a lot on various cars where there are bits that vibrate and resonate. I repaired an Jaguar x-Type boot lid where the styled rear number plate was touching the bodywork on the edges and had rubbed the paint away and caused subsequent rust in about 4 places. My recommendation would be to try and raise the number plate so it cannot touch. You can get extra thick numberplate adhesive pads for just £1 from Parts 4 U, which will do the job.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The quality of the number plate may be suspect...mine i changed to black plastic as it blends with the colour scheme better

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good to hear, I've just put personalised plates on it which are black backed see if that improves it, and no D shark I don't have plate holders as I thought they would damage it further

1 - 5 of 5 Posts