Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ds4 has developed rust on the leading edge of the bonnet. (rusting from the inside out).

Dealer very helpful and a new bonnet will be supplied.

According to the bodywork people there have been quite a few DS4's with this proble.

Might be worthwhile to have a look at yours!

·
Registered
544 Posts
It's a common C4 issue too and very much known to citroen - replacement will be covered, no questions asked!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Phew.....noticed on sunday when I washed the DS4 that a bubble had appeared on the leading bonnet edge. Have been working myself up to a visit to dealers at weekend. He can have a look at my flaking rear alloy too!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks realeman,Oh Bugger just checked mine (2012) have same problem. Bubble on the edge just before it curves,back to Evans Halshaw it is then !!
Edited by: Balders

·
Registered
5 Posts
Morning,to clarify,is the dealer getting you a replacement or attempting a repair? The dealer I spoke to was pretty vague!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine is a 62-plate and noticed bubbling on Friday. Most upset I was. I will have to talk to dealer and take this page with me for reference if they quibble.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mines a 12 plate,just 15 months old.....not what you expect to see nowadays.Repainting it not going to solve the problem either!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think the issue is dealt with by replacing the bonnet. Sadly, this issue affected the original C4 and it seems citroen didn't learn from the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a new bonnet, supplied from France. But it has to be sprayed by the dealers chosen bodyshop. They will also have to spray the wings so they colour match the new bonnet, so it looks like quite a big job. I am told a couple of days at least off the road and a replacement vehicle provided.

Mine is a 62 plate, 18 months old.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmm, found the same problem on my DS4 DSPORT 2011 plate. It's in for its 40k service next week and they're going to photograph it and start a warranty claim.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep also on my 2011 dsport just spoke to citroen gotta take it in for pictures to be taken then send the pictures off to citroen UK to get there verdict, fingers crossed my warranty ends in April! If they do it it's a bonus as there are a few stone chips so will sort that out too but definite bubbling on the leading edge, pretty poor really

·
Registered
21 Posts
Car in today for the bonnet rust! Away for 3 days so will keep you posted! Got a ds3 In the meantime, god its horrible! Give me back my ds4 quick!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had photos done on mine today at same time as other issue. Sent to their choice of repairers/body shop, so will be with Citroen tomorrow. Will go from there. The dealer's fleet is DS3, so from your words ollyds4dsport, I am not looking forward to it. They seem rather low to me, so being over 6 ft might present an issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2012 dstyle has the paint peeling from the underside of the bonnet and bubbles on the top now, also the front nearside wheel has some under lacquer corrosion, apparently the bonnet will be resprayed and the wheel will be replaced under warranty.I think that that in this day and age a car that is less than 2 years old can have paintwork in such a state is totally unacceptable, not the fact that its mine but there are so many others as well, and the wheel isn't good either, I wouldn't have another citroen, really wish id got another Honda or BMW as I have been disappointed with the ds4

1 - 20 of 31 Posts