Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried loading a map update from gpsunderground website? I was just looking at updatingand was wondering if they work off this site as there free, you can also download points of interest and speed camera?

So, what do you think shall I try it or pay for an update from Citroen, just bad how you buy the car then every year you have to pay for updates!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I wouldn't but if you are willing to be the guinea pig go for it, let us know if it screws up the system or not, all fixed sat nav's i have had (3) need map updates you have to pay for and most don't do the speed cameras when they do you have to pay for them, for info I only intend to update my maps every 3 years or so and Ive got a road angel for the speed cameras and guns etc, much better than the sat nav speed am eras as it detects guns and vans, saved me 3 guns and two vans last year alone so paid for itself, my license is now clean as a whistle

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might give it a go to be fair, just worried if it messes up then how easy is the fix? I take your point on road angel, I don't tend to speed to be honest, it's more the wife's protection. I also don't like devices on the windscreen if not really needed which is why I went for the sat nav option?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I agree with you I also hate stuff on the windscreen and wires back to the cigar lighter, but I had to balance that with the desire to keep my license, I don't speed much but want to keep it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm what to do, bit of a dilemma. Think im gonna risk it, just gotta get a new usb stick and download it, see what happens

·
Registered
472 Posts
Let me know how it goes, best of luck

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just checked and UK map is £69.00 the whole of Europe is £129.00 is it worth it, especially if you only need UK

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably not but I might need a version update too and not sure how much citroen will charge for it? I think mine is 2.20 not sure what the most up to date version is though, that GPS underground site is mind blowing when you start getting into all the forums! They do version software updates too so it improves Bluetooth etc?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Olly

Stupid question but how do you find the version number?Edited by: deresim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah you long press setup then choose radio telephone diagnosis then unit description, it will tell you the version on the bottom one which should start they then the version number which mine is 2.20

Hope this helps

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ta I will give it a try later and let you know which version I am on, I've got up to date maps

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sorry for the delay, eventually checked yesterday and it's 220

·
Registered
60 Posts
How do you tell the actual version of sat nav?

I held down setup and went to phone and navigation diagnostics, the page showed 3 entries.. Which is it ?

Thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
ollyds4dsport said:
Yeah you long press setup then choose radio telephone diagnosis then unit description, it will tell you the version on the bottom one which should start they then the version number which mine is 2.20

Hope this helps
I wouldn't worry about the version just for the speed camerasEdited by: deresim

·
Registered
60 Posts
Only got my DS4 yesterday.
The software version shows as RNEG2.75.D.2

Am I looking in the right place ?

What does the RNEG mean ?

Thanks

·
Registered