Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded new maps for my cars Emway satnav, dowloaded easy but the instructions wouldnt open. So I went to Evans Halshaw my local dealer and had superb customer service. They checked my system, downloaded the instructions for me and gave me full attention. I had to install it myself but after their help all went on well!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Did you install the Speed Camera update as well? And have the "risk" feature enabled?
I went to my local dealer today to see about getting that turned on and they told me I would need to contact NavTeq to get it done?! Seems odd the dealers can't to this?

·
Registered
472 Posts
You have to buy the speed cameras from navteq they are easy to install and setup just follow the instructions

·
Registered
227 Posts
deresim said:
You have to buy the speed cameras from navteq they are easy to install and setup just follow the instructions
Yup, I downloaded then PDF and it looks straighforward, but it talks about checking items that are currently (on mine) greyed out. Will they be atomatically available to be checked if the update is loaded via USB is what I am wondering, as I read a post from some on this site saying that feature was disabled by default out the factory?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hoovie said:
Did you install the Speed Camera update as well? And have the "risk" feature enabled?
I went to my local dealer today to see about getting that turned on and they told me I would need to contact NavTeq to get it done?! Seems odd the dealers can't to this?
No I didnt get the speed camera update as its a separate download; I might well go for it though!
My dealer said that customers have to buy it on their own pcs as the info is downloaded onto the pc in a zip file. Ido wonder why they cantsend out usb sticks when you register so then you can just plug it into the car - - - - - but for Citroen that sprobably too simple

·
Registered
472 Posts
If they send out USB sticks it would just drive the cost up

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
deresim yes it might but I think it would depend on the volume sold. When I buy talks from seminars its often cheaper to buy the usb stick with the talks on rather than downloading individual talks. But I do concede its probably more technical with car downloads as opposed to simple talks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I agree the more sold the cheaper they would become, you just need a 512k USB stick and copy the file,to it, when u plug it into the USB in the car it practically does it for you

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
deresim said:
I agree the more sold the cheaper they would become, you just need a 512k USB stick and copy the file,to it, when u plug it into the USB in the car it practically does it for you
Yup thats how I did it, butthe problem I had was that the website is so slow it took an age for it to download - - - but having done a long journey today the new updates proved excellentSo for Citroen a round of applause as it WORKS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts