Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have problems with the factory sat nav?
I've had lots of cars with built in sat nav ( can't stand sticky on ones) but the Citroen one appears to be on another planet.
Drove the ds4 away two days ago, and first thing to do was set the destination from bath, it took us within 2mils to a dead end on a council estate and vis the wring way up a one way street!!
Tried it since and it took us the opposite direction.
Are we doing something basically wrong?
Help anyone!!!

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
It could need an updateIs the car used?

·
Registered
154 Posts
It might also be worth checking your navigation options... it took me a while to discover why it was trying to take me via the Blackwall Tunnel every time I wanted to travel to Essex, and it turned out to be because I hadn't selected "toll roads" and it was trying to avoid the Dartford Crossing as a result!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Oxonman,There are several explanations not necessarily all apply to you.
The EMyway system was faulty in several first generation cars (mine included). I got a 1mile journey to take 20mins and a 3mile journey to take 23hrs!! A long slog and several software updates solved this - if your car older and not serviced at Citroen garage then update may not have been done.
Second the mapping is always 18months 'out of date' even in new systems due to way mapping released and digitised. So my 2011 car had maps dated 2009-10 which meant they were actually maps before 2009. I paid for an update to 2013 maps last year - and loading them is a story in itself!!

Thirdly the Emyway system is typical French. Its ETA timings are based on strange algorithms and change as the journey goes along. Due to French roads being either N (national) and D only, The system is programmed to default to M,A,B,C class roads in that order -so will always take you via an A road if available, etc etc. This means sometimes it goes round the houses compared to the Garmin I also have. it is also programmed poorly to integrate traffic etc so there is an argument on longer journeys to have a 'live' portable system like Garmin Nuvi 2599 or Tom Tom live which is far more accurate.

At the end of the day its part of the flair of being a DS4Head

1 - 4 of 4 Posts