Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Sat Nav has just shown that an update is available through the dealer or on-line. Any suggestions which is the best option?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi, can I just ask, did you go looking for the current version on the satnav/GPS or did it notify you some other way.
I'd love yo know if my Aussie DS4 has the most up to date maps etc.

·
Registered
470 Posts
You can check the version of your sat nav in the setup, hold it down for 5 seconds, then go to the proper page.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HiA message came up on the screen. I just wondered if it was simpler / cheaper to get the update via the dealer or is downloading and adding (I guess via USB?) easier / better.

has any one tried / succeeded?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I updated the maps in my previous DS4... I purchased and downloaded them from the Citroen Navigation website onto a PC then put them on a USB. It was a painless process, but uploading the new maps to the car took quite a while, about an hour if I remember correctly.

Each of the various maps for Europe had to be uploaded individually which in itself would have been OK if it were not necessary to have the engine running the whole time, meaning that I didn't want to leave the car unattended.

I guess the dealer will want to charge for the time it takes to do the update, so might be cheaper and easier to do it yourself, in my opinion.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi,
Yikes that's a fair block of time.
I bet updates for Australia, if there are any, are smaller.
It's a massive country but there ain't many roads. ˜� Even fewer good ones !
And it's not likely that New Zealand or the Pacific Islands would be rolled into it. Somewhat impractical seeing as you can't drive to them. I'll have to try that out - entering some NZ or Fiji addresses.

I know it sounds weird having to leave the car running but you need to ensure that during the upgrading of most memory based systems that power is not lost.
"Bricking" the Sat/Nav might not be good.
Who knows how integrated the SatNav /GPS functions are in the car. E.g these days you could use the GPS data to alter the timing and fuel/air mix to compensate for altitude etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi my wife's car did the same satnav update so phoned Citroen it is free if car still in warenty. Car is a Ds3 2015 .

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Anyone know the Release numbers of the new version?

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Kennyh said:
Hi got it wrong Citroen now say you have to pay for up dates to maps do that ever get it right.
Sorry you've lost me.
Do that ever get it right.....Do they ever get it right?
The Maps?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts