Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone tell me how to enter a postcode into the sat nav system? Just bought a DS4 DSport and loving it but finding the sat nav difficult to use. Also disappointed with blue tooth hands free for my phone as it doesn't seem to be voice activated and scrolling through my phone book is more distracting than using speed dial on the phone itself so seems to defeat the purpose. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
You can't enter a British post code in the SatNav. It is a French program and the Fench Post Code system only has 4 figures. It is a real pain for residential addresses. Using Points of Interest can help sometimes.

Do you know about the down loads for the latest maps and to activate the Speed Camera Warnings?

Go the following link and you can down load the latest version on to a memory stick. Put it in the USB socket and it will install itself. It costs about £9.00 and they suggest updating evry 6 months.

http://www.speedcamupdates.com/Citroen-eMyWay

Can't help with the phone problem

RogerB

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi there,
It wont let you enter a FULL postcode but it will take a part of one... SAY the CV15 1A Part. This narrows it down a lot but you still really need to know the address you are going to unfortunately which is real pain in the b*m cus once its set up, the directions are pretty clear.

Hope this helps... Azzy

·
Registered
551 Posts
Just got my car with sat navDidn't know about the post code thing
That's just stupid!
Surely a software update would sort it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is a pain not being able to enter postcodes.
however if you use

http://www.map-gps-coordinates.com

It will give you the gps coordinates you need for Emyway.

you can enter postcodes etc its just normal google maps.

Gives a popup box with gps coordinates for entering to sat nav.

ie

Millennium Stadium
Westgate St, Cardiff, South Glamorgan
Format Latitude Longitude
(h ddd.ddddd°) N 51.4786° | W 3.1814°
(h ddd° mm.mmm') N 51° 28.716' | W 3° 10.884'
(h dd° mm' ss.s'') N 51° 28' 43'' | W 3° 10' 53''

its the bottom one you need for emyway.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Garydlb said:
It is a pain not being able to enter postcodes.
however if you use

http://www.map-gps-coordinates.com

It will give you the gps coordinates you need for Emyway.

you can enter postcodes etc its just normal google maps.

Gives a popup box with gps coordinates for entering to sat nav.

ie

Millennium Stadium
Westgate St, Cardiff, South Glamorgan
Format Latitude Longitude
(h ddd.ddddd°) N 51.4786° | W 3.1814°
(h ddd° mm.mmm') N 51° 28.716' | W 3° 10.884'
(h dd° mm' ss.s'') N 51° 28' 43'' | W 3° 10' 53''

its the bottom one you need for emyway.
Nice one Gary!
It's a bit more long winded than a post code but at least it will get you where you want to be

·
Registered
42 Posts
As much as the postcode entry could be better, I do like the fact you can just put a town in and the next line down reads "@<town name>". Handy for getting near to where you want to be or to have a stab at the ETA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can enter full postcodes: In the city box enter first four characters of code then space followed by the last three characters. But I can't figure out how to enter the house or building number. If anyone knows please tell me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It is possible, my gf did it on my DS4 while I was driving lol.
I only use the post code as it gets me to where I'm going majority of the time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I noticed when driving in France that their postcodes take you to the town, not the street. Perhaps why it was an oversight for the UK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI YOU CAN ADD A BRITISH POSTCODE. IVE DONE IT MYSELF. ENTER UK AND THEN ON THE CITY LINE ENTER THE POSTCODE IT THEN FILLS IT ALL IN FOR YOU.I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM UNTIL SOMEONE TOLD ME TO DO THIS. TRY IT AND ENTER AN ADDRESS CLOSE TO YOU SO YOU CAN SEE IT WORKING
EVEN CITREON DIDNT KNOW THIS COULD BE DONE WHEN I FIRST ASKED THEM. ˜Š˜Š

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Thankyou
Welcome to The DS4 Forum

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't often use my satnav but today I encountered a diversion which added another 20min to my journey mainly due to traffic. Not wanting the same problem on the return journey I decided to use my satnav to find an alternative route.

Previously I have just put the postcode in, but today I was able to put the city, street and house number in, no postcode entered at all.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's always had city street and number
As I said I very seldom use it. On my Cactus it would only accept postcodes so I took it the DS4 was the same.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mine is a 2015 car and postcodes are no problem. The car is the old shape not the later DS only shape car so either they updated the system at some point which I am sure people would like to know exactly when or there is a way of entering pcodes on earlier systems.
that said the manual I got with the car is the most useless one I have ever had with any satnav system so I am not surprised many can't use it at all or maybe use its full potential

1 - 20 of 21 Posts