Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on how to fix a jagged scratch on leather steering wheel?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Don't know what part of staffs you live in but Trim-tech in Cannock were recommendedto me . You can get kits on Amazon if you fancy having a go yourself .The web site if you areinterested is trim-tech.co.uk

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll look out for you around Stoke. Mines fluid grey whats your colour?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trim tec wont do it but Ive found leathertech in Newcastle who will!

·
Registered
312 Posts
That's great, I'll keep a eye out for you , mine is a black Dstyle .I work in Fenton but live in Cheadle .There is another black one I see in Fenton heading for the A50 but I think the woman who drives it works for Stoke Citroen . Let us know how you go on with the repair , do you take the car to them or do they come out to you?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will take the car to them sometime next week. I'll let you know how it goes. Didnt fancy having a go myself as may have made it look tatty!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rev G
Have you had it repaired ? What sort of job did they make of it ? The wife's got a small scratch on her seat I'm thinking of getting that fixed .

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SBK61 said:
Rev G
Have you had it repaired ? What sort of job did they make of it ? The wife's got a small scratch on her seat I'm thinking of getting that fixed .

Due to working awayIve not yet been able to get it done. It may not be for another 2 weeks but will post you as soon as I can

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SBK61 said:
Ok thanks mate

OK someone else I know had a leather steering wheel repaired, similar to mine, and said it only lasted a few weeks! In all fairness to leather tec they did say to me they couldnt give any guarantee on the repair, as the scratch is in the place my hand rests.
So Im saving myself £65 plus vat and putting up with it. I have shaded it with some cherry blossom that dries on and isnt too bad!

May not be so bad on a seat, but even that may depend on where the damage is.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey was it you on the A500 around 3.30 todayas I was 1 car behind a black DS4 heading east?

·
Registered
312 Posts
No it wasn't me , I was at work till 6.15 today . There is another black one knocking around here . I don't know what do about the wife's car , it's her pride and joy and if it wasn't perfect I would have to listen to the moaning .

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SBK61 said:
No it wasn't me , I was at work till 6.15 today . There is another black one knocking around here . I don't know what do about the wife's car , it's her pride and joy and if it wasn't perfect I would have to listen to the moaning .
Have you decided what to do?

·
Registered
312 Posts
No haven't decided . She hasn't mentioned it for a few days , I think she has started to forget about it . I'm off work this week so may take it over for them to look at . It's a small scratch on the seat bolster by the door so I think any repair may get rubbed off with the mother in law getting in and out lol .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts