Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Just a quick question,what are the service intervals on the HDI?I get different info here in SA.The one dealer says 1 year/15000km and the other 1year/20000km.My tripcomputer however if i do calculate km's done plus what it says i can still do until service adds to 18100km?

Any info on this?Only using 50ppm diesel.

Regards

·
Registered
25 Posts
According to the handbook I have for 'Other Engines' , (that is engines that are not 1.4 and not 1.6 HDI), the servicing interval for 'Normal Conditions' is 2 yrs or 32,000kms. The servicing interval for 'Arduous Conditions' it is 1 year or 20,000kms. Arduous Conditions' is described as one or more of the following :
<ul>[*]Continuous door to door use[*]
[*]repeated short journeys (less than 6miles /10kms) with cold engine[*]
[*]extended use in
<ul>[*]hot countries with temperatures frequently above 30 deg C[*]dusty countries[*]countries where fuel does not meet Citroen recommendations.[/list][*]
[*]Based on the above and SA you must be arduous conditions hence I would suggest the service interval is 1 year and 20,000 miles or less kms if the service indicator says service is required earlier (as these indicators I think monitor oil condition).
[/list]

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes the interval is 1yr or twenty thousand km. it is, however highly recommended to change oil at least every ten thousand Cheers,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just spoke to Citroen hatfield and they say PCSA says 1 year/20000km but they recommend 1year/15000km.Centurion states otherwise to the 20000km,but i think i will opt for the 15000km at Hatfield then!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was chatting to a Citroen salesman the other day, very
helpful guy and he said that they had been told that in the UK all HDi engines
would change to a service each year regardless of millage. He said it was to
ensure low millage drivers didn't get problems with their filters if they
didn't do long enough journeys to burn the soot out. I know VW is having to
rethink as well!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, it should do. I think what he was trying to say was that at some point they would return to yearly servicing. I have just looked on the web and currently Citroen are saying:
'If your vehicle is on a 2 year service schedule, we do strongly recommend an
Annual Service on the alternate years where a scheduled service is not due.'

I have to say I have always at the least changed the oil yearly with cars on 2 year service intervals and I have never had any problems. May be its in the mind but they always seemed to run better!

·
Registered
36 Posts
2015 DS DS 4 BLUEHDI PRESTIGE

Hi All

Handbook says services at 20 000. I am currently on 35 000 and have the alert service due in 2000 miles. In practical and warranty terms which takes precedence?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
12 months takes precedence

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Normal
My other car is 12000 miles or 12 months whichever is sooner

·
Registered
544 Posts
selbybee said:
Thanks Chris - seems odd!
Not really, it's normal to have a mileage/ time limit and its whichever comes first - your car is calling you in based on the anticipated mileage to hit the time limit I suspect.

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Our DS was slightly off
It said, "1 week or 3000 miles" last week!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts