Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Took one out to cover the first two years that I owned the car. It covered everything deven brake fluid change at two years. Seemed to be good value and offset the cost across the years instead of two service hits just when you don't want them.

Had an offer to continue with another plan but, might change car this year, so didn't take it up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've taken one out with mine, I figured, it's better to pay monthly than in one lump....

·
Registered
41 Posts
My local Citroen dealer tried to sell me a 3 year service plan when I bought my car but I said I'd think about it. When I got home I totalled up what it would cost to have the equivalent services over the next 3 years and it worked out around £60 cheaper to do it this way. The next day the dealer called to ask if I decided what I wanted to do and when I explained it was cheaper to just book a service and bring it in he said yes but its for peace of mind. I said I'd rather pay £16 monthly into a savings account, earn interest on it and save a lot more than they were offering. He couldn't really argue that point and the conversation ended rather quickly.

You would have thought if they wanted you tied in to servicing your car over the next 3 years they'd offer you a better deal than just driving in off the street, doesn't make sense.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
This what they do...Possibly on commission as wellThey offer these on the premise that most people will never check what it costs annually
Thanks for posting this
Good on you!!

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for the link Frank, ours is due it's first service next month so will go for that, will call in and get it arranged, will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I took out a 5 year service plan (the Citroen "Freedrive" version) when I bought my DS4. I know that if the car works just fine needing nothing else then regular basic service, then I will end up paying more.

Financially I estimated the annual service cost to be around GBP 300.- to GBP 350. The service plan is approx. GBP 30/month (9000 km/year version).

But being my very first Citroen I was still a bit nervous about quality, and as the car is loaded with stuff that could be costly to repair (in Denmark everything with cars is expensive), I looked at the service plan as an insurance policy. For the 5 year period I have factory warranty, full service (all over Europe) and a fixed easy to budget monthly cost. All I have to cover myself is new tires. The day I want to sell the car, I also think that it will be a plus to be able to say that it has full service history under a service contract.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bear in mind that IF for any reason you have to cancel the service plan, Citroen will want to charge you 3 monthly payments plus a £30 admin fee.........

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, there are differences between countries. According to my service agreement, I can cancel on a days notice without any expense.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Frank Bullitt said:
It is important to know if the service plan offered is by the dealer franchise or not - Citroen offer a 3 year servicing package for £400 (or £11.11pcm) which is available up to 12 months from the cars purchase;

http://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-services/citroen-servicing/service-plans#sticky

I wish I'd known, I would have bit their hands off.
Thanks Frank for the link, I went to my main dealer on Friday to book the 3 years for £400 deal you linked and book the car in for the first service. The dealership said they didn't do this Citroen deal, they offer another one from a private company, but it was twice the price and you couldn't start it until after you had the first service. I thought this was crazy from a main dealer so called Citroen UK from the customer service number on the link and they said I couldn't book it through them it has to be through the dealer and advised I call my main dealer manager and get them to phone Citreon UK to arrange it. I did this Friday afternoon and the manager didn't know anything about it but said he would get the service manager to look into it and call me back. He did later that day but only to say he couldn't look into it until Monday which was fine as the car wasn't going in for a couple of weeks. I got a call back from the dealership at lunchtime today to say they have organised it and I paid the £400 today, so thanks again for the link. Edited by: Becki_Justin

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Nice to see a dealer listening to their customers and even ringing you back..Shame they don't all do thisThanks too to Frank, for posting the information

·
Registered
20 Posts
Having a real nightmare with Citroen Finance about cancelling the plan on my old DS3, so much so that I am now regretting by the DS4........ with the way Citroen Finance are dealing with this, I don't think I will be buying another Peugeot, Citroen or DS again

·
Registered
88 Posts
I took out a service plan for a C4, just before the second service was due I traded the C4 for a DS4...They simply transferred it to the DS4.
The plan was with the dealer for three services and cost less than £400, which I thought was a good deal.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Becki_Justin said:
Frank Bullitt said:
It is important to know if the service plan offered is by the dealer franchise or not - Citroen offer a 3 year servicing package for £400 (or £11.11pcm) which is available up to 12 months from the cars purchase;

http://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-services/citroen-servicing/service-plans#sticky

I wish I'd known, I would have bit their hands off.
Thanks Frank for the link, I went to my main dealer on Friday to book the 3 years for £400 deal you linked and book the car in for the first service. The dealership said they didn't do this Citroen deal, they offer another one from a private company, but it was twice the price and you couldn't start it until after you had the first service. I thought this was crazy from a main dealer so called Citroen UK from the customer service number on the link and they said I couldn't book it through them it has to be through the dealer and advised I call my main dealer manager and get them to phone Citreon UK to arrange it. I did this Friday afternoon and the manager didn't know anything about it but said he would get the service manager to look into it and call me back. He did later that day but only to say he couldn't look into it until Monday which was fine as the car wasn't going in for a couple of weeks. I got a call back from the dealership at lunchtime today to say they have organised it and I paid the £400 today, so thanks again for the link.

Just to update this, had the first year service done this week, no problems at all, all the work done and nothing extra to pay on top of the £400 paid earlier in the month, so well worth asking for if your car is less than a year old and you won't do more than 36k miles in the first 3 years.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Had my DS4 for 2 weeks now its just 10 months old it had it's first service done buy the dealer when i brought it. Phoned them yesterday to do a service plan was told £11.11 a month when i said ok to it was then told i would have to pay £111,11 up front as the first service had been done buy them and i would now have to pay for the first service. Then the next two services for £11.11 a month.So now i am paying for the service they done before i got the car so might phone a couple more dealers today for a price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I downloaded DS app on my phone and any new DS4 registered between 1st Jan and 31st March gets 3 year/30,000 mile servicing.
None of the dealers knew about this....local or the one I bought the car from.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wabbitt said:
I downloaded DS app on my phone and any new DS4 registered between 1st Jan and 31st March gets 3 year/30,000 mile servicing.
There's a 3 year warrantee with any new Citroen/DS but you have to pay for a maintenance plan.
The current one is £400 for the first 3 years.
http://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-services/citroen-servicing/service-plansEdited by: neilp

·
Registered
18 Posts
neilp said:
Wabbitt said:
There's a 3 year warrantee with any new Citroen/DS but you have to pay for a maintenance plan.
The current one is £400 for the first 3 years.
http://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-services/citroen-servicing/service-plans
This is 3 annual services for free basically. I've checked with DS direct and the dealership claim the cost from DS.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts