Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has done 6k since last service but it is a year.The 'MyCitroen' area does'nt say I need a service
The spanner says I have at least 12k mileage to go.
The dealer Hartwells has s aid I'm due a service (12months).

Question is this just them trying to get a sale, or do DSs need servicing every 12 months regardless of spanner?
I only ask as a previous picasso I had was serviced 2 weeks late and 30 miles over, at Broach Hill one year and they tried to get out of the warantee a year later based on their records of this '2 week late service'!!!!

Dont want to get caught again

·
Registered
472 Posts
Rich

I read as 20k or 24 months whichever comes first so would double check, mine is the petrol probably different for a diesel

·
Registered
62 Posts
rich.cath
I asked when we got our 2.0 HDI (Born July 12)last weekend& they said if it was registered after April 2012 is will be on 12 month's or 20,000

Hope this helps

Paul

·
Registered
155 Posts
12,500 miles or 2 years, whichever occurs first, this is what my dealer said and it says this in the manual as well..

Edited by: g_p_t

·
Registered
578 Posts
Wow that's all confusing. I was told my 2.0 HDi DStyle is 20,000 or 2 years whichever comes earlier

·
Registered
578 Posts
Interesting they've now lowered the period from 24 to 12 months, but mileage hasn't changed. Even though mines every 24 months I get give mine an oil change every 12 months

·
Registered
312 Posts
Balders said:
rich.cath
I asked when we got our 2.0 HDI (Born July 12)last weekend& they said if it was registered after April 2012 is will be on 12 month's or 20,000

Hope this helps

Paul
I was told this as well . They said it was 2 years or 20000 mile at the start but they had problems with the DPF on cars that only did short journeys so from 2012 they changed it to every 12 months or 20000 miles, I think the petrol versions have stayed 2 years or 20000 miles .

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks chaps, I thought it was just me, but am reassured that in usual Citroen fashion there is no clear cut answer!
As I have a'free' service courtesy of Auto Express / Citroen then I may just let them do it anyway, as I'm not convinced they did the promised purchase service when I bought it last year anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There does appear to be conflicting recommendations with the servicing of the DS4.

I noticed that according to the manual for the model i have 2.0 Dsport that a service is due to be carried out every two years or every 20'000 miles, however the manual also recomends that the brake fluid is changed ever two years or 12'500 Miles.

Does anyone have any information on this as in the past every car i have owned recomends the brake fluid changeout as 2 years/20'000 miles. Does the Dsport have an issue or a reasoning as to why the brake fluid is changed at a lower mileage than other cars :-s

This reads to me that if you do that standard amount of miles per year (10000) Then if you go by the manual you will have the car in the garage for a brake fluid replacment at some point between year 1 & 2 and again at the end of the year 2 for a service, or am i just being pedantic haha

·
Registered
312 Posts
I thought the brake fluid was changed at 2 years . It was 2 years on the C4 , I can't remember there being any mileage limit.Thebrake fluidhas to be changed because it absorbs moisture from the atmosphere and that takes time not miles or of course they could have fitted silicon brake fluid and that lasts 10 years but I guess there is no profit for the dealers in that .

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The plot thickens?!Basically spoke with garage regarding service intervals and I don't officially need one ....

The DS range changed service interval beginning of 2013 to 12,500 or 1 year - no reason given, but covers ALL diesels.
Cars prior to that can go 20,000 or 2 years - what puzzles me is same engine is used so why the drop off? If new cars need sooner servicing surely older ones do also. Sounds like a problem could be brewing......

·
Registered
13 Posts
According to my local Citroen dealer the change was due to a agreement between European car manufacturers to switch back to annual servicing, as they were concerned that drivers would not check things like brake fluid levels, brake condition, etc left to their own devices. Mine is a 2011 plate (one of the first registered I think) and they advised to go with the (then) recommended 2 year/20,000 miles interval.

·
Registered
312 Posts
SurreySam said:
According to my local Citroen dealer the change was due to a agreement between European car manufacturers to switch back to annual servicing, as they were concerned that drivers would not check things like brake fluid levels, brake condition, etc left to their own devices. Mine is a 2011 plate (one of the first registered I think) and they advised to go with the (then) recommended 2 year/20,000 miles interval.
I think they might be right about not checking things , I had my C4 for 5 years and never checked it between services , it told you on the speedo that the oil/ brake fluidlevels were right anyway.

Oh and don't they recommend that you get the AA to change your wheels if you have a puncture ,Health and Safety and all that ,so how do the expect you to check the brake condition . More like more money for the dealers if its serviced every year ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
All new DS4 / DS3 and DS5 now come with 3 years free servicing :), so no costs for me :)

Interesting to find out if its yearly or 2 yearly thou... I will ask lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
here is a thing, does the service light not come on when car needs servicing?I thought mine was at 12.5k ( 1.6hdi )

strange thing when my car hit 11,000 miles the service indicator lit up for about 50 miles ( about 3 trips to work ) then disappeared, thought it was cars way of telling me service time soon
car now done 12k and its never been back on

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dug,The dealers have a way of resetting this by pressing odometer/service button whilst starting engine. Maybe you managed it yourself, if you reset it then it will start the 12k counter again, and would not show up at only 1k more.
You can check remaining mileage to service by pressing odo/service button, that will verify my theory

·
Registered
227 Posts
rich.cath said:
 Dug,The dealers have a way of resetting this by pressing odometer/service button whilst starting engine. Maybe you managed it yourself, if you reset it then it will start the 12k counter again, and would not show up at only 1k more.
You can check remaining mileage to service by pressing odo/service button, that will verify my theory 
Quite easy to reset service indicator ... I did mine accidentally by keeping the spanner/trip button down for a few seconds while trying to do something else

1 - 20 of 27 Posts