Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is my first gripe about the DS4

That the hell were Citroen thinking when they decided the standard fit speakers they chose were suitable for a modern day car???

Yes they offer an upgraded system for more £££ but come on.....

My standard fit speakers in my old Vectra were miles better than these and they weren't great but I was happy enough with them for over 6 years. They are comparable only to the original fit speaker I had in my old 1979 mini....

These days you shouldn't have to be thinking of changing your speakers in your new car just to get the teeniest tinyest bit of bass from your radio!!! It's like a wet fart after a night at the local curry house....

P.S. I'm in a really bad mood today. Hopefully tomorrow I won't want to turn my radio up in the car so I won't notice it as much.....

·
Registered
472 Posts
Simon

I assume you are going into the settings and turning the bass up a bit, mine is set at about half way and is more then enough for me, I might be easily pleased not sure, my last car had B&W speakers in and these are nearly as good

·
Registered
155 Posts
Switch on the loudness as well

Also remember to adjust the bass and treble then you change thesource as well as they are rememberedindependently

·
Registered
117 Posts
SimonDS4 said:
Well this is my first gripe about the DS4

That the hell were Citroen thinking when they decided the standard fit speakers they chose were suitable for a modern day car???

Yes they offer an upgraded system for more £££ but come on.....

My standard fit speakers in my old Vectra were miles better than these and they weren't great but I was happy enough with them for over 6 years. They are comparable only to the original fit speaker I had in my old 1979 mini....

These days you shouldn't have to be thinking of changing your speakers in your new car just to get the teeniest tinyest bit of bass from your radio!!! It's like a wet fart after a night at the local curry house....

P.S. I'm in a really bad mood today. Hopefully tomorrow I won't want to turn my radio up in the car so I won't notice it as much.....

They may offer the upgraded system, but, I, personally, do not see the upgrade worth the money either. My BMW with the Professional Nav had far superior sound, even considering the Denon upgrade.

Quite unhappy, and the dealers seem unwilling to help.

Richcy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys

Tried the loudness and bass/treble setting and all it does is produce varying degrees of rubbish noise....

Never thought I'd be considering a speaker upgrade on a brand new car on 18 month lease!!!

Shamefull

·
Registered
155 Posts
may be there is a fault with your speakers or head unit, tbh the sound in mine is OK , its not fantastic but I'm happy with it. If I was you I would go back to the dealer and ask if you could listen to the system in another similar car just to compare

·
Registered
472 Posts
Simon

I would go with G P T suggestion, unless you are a serious music buff and are expecting too much from car speakers there is every chance you have a fault somewhere on the system and if that is the case they should sort it for you

Best of luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm afraid Simon's right. Think the standard system's sound is quite poor by comparison with every other car I've owned in living memory and inadequate for a "premium" model. I got the front door speakers/tweeters replaced which helped a bit. However it needed installation of a powered aftermarket subwoofer to really make a difference. With hindsight i wish i'd stuck to this upgrade only. I listened to a system with the Denon upgrade and I didn't think it was that good either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also agree, the sound is crap!
It really annoys me,so muchthat if I had known it before I bought it I probably would have gotten another car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Must admit, test drove two ds4's o e with the denon upgrade and really couldn't tell the difference, pick up my 1.6 the tomorrow and thinking of upgrading the speakers already after listening to you guys..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also looking to upgrade at the moment. Not sure whether to just get a sub/amp or sub/amp 2 rear coaxial speakers and 2 front component speakers (with tweeters).

Does anyone know how easy the tweeters are to fit in the Dash?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the fronts & tweeters replaced with JL Audio TR650-CSi components. Believe they were fairly straightforward to do, though sure there are other decent alternatives. But take my advice don't waste your money and just get a powered sub.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When you wired the speakers did you use the current wires that were in the car . Or did you have to re wire with the new speaker crossover ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also think the speakers are not great either, but i listen to music which has a heavy bassline, i tested the speakers out with varying genres of music and in my opinion the standard speakers in my 2014 ds4 are tuned for classical music. the speakers are really great with classical music imo but with rock, dance etc are sadly lacking fullness, but i do have to agree that if anyone is an audiophile to always swap out the standard paper coned speakers for aftermarket ones

1 - 17 of 17 Posts