Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to speak to Citroen in the morning, think the shock absorber on my 14 plate ds4 needs replacing.
Warranty cover is the question, any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
If your car is in Warranty, which I suspect it is, then it IS coveredIf the Shock is defective , they will replace it
My Wife's vRS Skoda Fabia had a defective shock absorber..Replaced..no questions asked

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Chris, booked for next Tuesday at the local dealer, must say citroen service centre really helpful and said it would be covered if it turns out to be shocker.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Good news

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well what a shock, after being advised that it could be the shockers by a local garage i decided to take it to the local Citroen dealership to check because of the warranty.
What a farce indeed, I was told that there would be a 2 hour window to get a health check on the car so I decided to wait.
2.5 hours later I was informed that the car was up on the ramps and they could not find anything wrong and the rattle on the nearside is something maybe only I could hear? I was astonished by this comment.
I requested that the mechanic come out on a road test with me and straight away he heard it.
He took it back in the garage and 15mins later he said that he still could not find a problem but had checked the citroen website and there was a similar problem on there, stating changing 2 joints I forgot what he said. He had to speak to his manager who would ring me this afternoon to discuss the way forward.
Consequently there has been no phone call and as a result I am bitterly dissatisfied with the service, and it looks like it will be me calling them tomorrow, if I am to have any chance of getting to the bottom of this worrying problem.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Tell them how dissatisfied you are and you are going to take the car elsewhereIs there another Citroen Dealer nearby?
You can use any Dealership
Also inform them that you intend to tell Citroen what you are doing and why

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2 months on after replacing certain parts in January, they have diagnosed the problem as top mount on the suspension. When they came to re order,the dealer said that citroen advised that the part is faulty and can no longer be supplied.The dealer said they would let me know when the parts are available. I have now been advised that the dealer needs permission from citreon to proceed, because they have already tried to rectify the problem previously. (What rubbish)

The problem just needs putting right and looks like a waiting game now, I am beginnning to lose faith in citreon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just an update, an engineer is travelling 100 miles to place sound monitoring equipment on my car to locate the noise of the rattle on the nearside, apparently it is 10k worth of kit.
The dealer has advised me that the suspension is the issue so let's see where it ends up, 2 months later after reporting it, getting very frustrated now.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Lets hope the end is in sightGood luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The engineer from citreon confirmed the shock absorbers need replacing and a number of other items on the suspension, 2 months to decide not impressed really, however nearly there, thank goodness.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
At last!The beginning of the end......lets hope
Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.