Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK looking at getting a DS4 and was wondering on your opinions on the factory fit sat nav system, is it worth waiting for a car to come along which has it fitted? i am currently looking for a used Dsport at the moment.

Your views appreciated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
darrensj said:
I prefer the built in type, wait, get what you want, just not seen many about with Sat navy fitted.
Darren

Your right Darren not many Dsports with the sat nav, plenty without and was just wondering if it worth waiting for one to come along?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thats what i was think of doing and just getting a aftermarket sat nav and try and custom fit the nav somewhere

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got a cd slot mount for my sat nav.Slot the mount into your cd player and the sat nav sticks on to it you can still play cd's

·
Registered
22 Posts
My last car before the ds4 was a saab with built in sat nav, lovely to look at but when it comes to updates it's both a pain and you need deep pockets!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Agree with Mickle only had built in once it was £175to update can buy two Garmins for that and don't even consider adding one to a new motor total rip off IMHO.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was only considering the Satnav so I could get the screen but as of March all Dsports come with the screen and I use an app called Waze for my satnavving needs :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine came factory fitted, other than being nicely integrated its a nightmare to use especially in a different country.

1) Non-touch screen. Long address entry and scrolling is a pain
2) Postal Code entry / search not available
3) GPS Coordinates entry do not accept decimal places (anybody out there able to help) which means you get an "approximate" and not exact location (at least 2-3 blocks difference) have to resort to Google Maps on phone
4) Map updates not available and could be expensive

DS4 THP 200

·
Registered
227 Posts
I find the Sat Nav quite good , although fiddly compared to touch-screen systems.

One thing that annoys me is that instead of having "UK" as a country, they have "England", "Scotland" & "Wales" - might not matter to most, but when you live within spitting distance of the Border like me, having to keep changing Country is a PITA !

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok not many positives for the factory sat nav so will make it easier searching for a dsport

1 - 12 of 12 Posts