Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi was due to pick my car up today but I just got a call from the dealer telling me that my dstyle factory ordered side rubbing strips are still in primer and need to be painted black and fitted to the car!
The question I have is it is a factory option, why is the dealer fitting and painting them? and do you know if the black strips are painted black?

Not a good start!

Rgds

·
Registered
395 Posts
Lazyboy,As far as I'm aware they are a dealer fit option, but work out cheaper when ordered with new car, rather than later.
They are painted, which frankly is a pain. I have them on mine and they are coloured a metallic gunmetal grey - which I cannot find the colour code of from dealer or anyone. Along with the grill (which is also painted a funny mettalic chrome - don't ask!). The slightest knock / stone chip means chips on paintwork and the colour scheme is a nightmare to match.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds to me like they forgot to add them to the order, factory fit is factory fit at the end of the day and if ordered through the dealer they can only be bought is certain colours or primer... I would kick up a fuss!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you are right!
They they said was a problem with my order!
Dealer just rang and said they only have the front halves of the strips. They want me collect car tomorrow, and return for fitting may 8th.
Offered me a set of floor mats as compo. Also said if the car gets any dinks on door in the meantime they will be repaired at no cost.

Edited by: lazyboy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts