Citroen DS4 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's in Thursday again they have to recondition my steering rack apparently there isn't none available and they got to have it for 4 days because they are fetching it citroen the part lol it mine in on warranty so not paying no money and if it don't sort it going to go mad I mean it because I have had everything changed on steering aswell and going to mend the driver chair lumba on warranty lol
Thought you'd already had the steering rack replaced? Now they're saying they are going to recondition it??? I was also told these are hard to get hold of and can only be supplied directly from Citroën, which speaks volumes doesn't it! Maybe a bad batch in 2016 ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Apparently I did have a new steering rack on still had noise, so they think it was a faulty one who knows driving me saft know

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had my knocking noise issue resolved today. Left hand suspension and top mount replaced, all fine now, no knocking whatsoever.

Mechanic showed me the amount of play in the damper and the top mount was wearing. All known issues to those in the know! Common with Peugeot and Citroën

Cost less than £200.

Mark Lightfoot garage in Ilkeston Derbyshire spot on mechanic.

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
Top mounts were shot on mine when I got the car, usually you get a well known clunk on truning the sterring for that.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts