Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So after getting the temp sensor fixed, when the engine gets warm, it's gives off a burning smell. When you turn off and lift the bonnet, you can see smoke coming up from the back of the engine for a few mins - almost like some oil is burning off.

Took it for a few blasts to see if it'll burn off, but keeps doing it. It's only been back from the dealer for a couple of weeks, and hasn't been used much since then.

Anyone had same problem, or can guess what it is? Can't see what's down the back - too tight down there.

Think it'll be another trip back!

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'd take it back ,it shouldn't be smoking and smelling . Could it be that they have cross threaded the temp sensor and oil is seeping past the damaged thread . I don't know but if its only started to do it since they had it I would think it was something they have done .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah right. So the temp sensor is an oil temp and not coolant temp type then?

Where is the location of it - any pics or diagrams?

They mentioned they were waiting for a seal, and then all of a sudden, one turned up - made me think they'd just reused the old one.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Steve-B said:
Ah right. So the temp sensor is an oil temp and not coolant temp type then?

Where is the location of it - any pics or diagrams?

They mentioned they were waiting for a seal, and then all of a sudden, one turned up - made me think they'd just reused the old one.

Cheers guys.
I don't know for sure but oil burns/smokes/smells not water , if it's difficult to get at they could have took something else off to reach it .If it needed a seal surely they should have told you when you picked your car up .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts