Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I know I'm new to this forum and new to my DS4 but I have a few questions if thats all right?.

Can anyone help with the following?

1, When I exit the car I press the lock button (once) to set the alarm, the mirrors fold in but no lights whatsoever flash after 45 odd seconds it sounds like it locks again but this time the lights flash. Is this correct? I'm sure when I collected her she flashed as soon as I locked her !!!

2, Is there any other flashing light (to say the alarm is set) in the car apart from the one on the right hand side of the lower dash? Which can only be seen if you look through the offside window and look down.

3, Last but not lest, when I turn over the engine all dash etc lights come on and go out like the manual states (unless there is a problem) again however the passenger airbag light in the centre stays on until a few hundred yards down the road then goes out ! This also I can't remember it did or not when I got her.

Sorry to take up so much of your time with all of the above I have tried the owners manual but with no luck.... Or do you think I need to return to the dealers?

Thank you all in antisapation Michele.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hi.
No. 1 looks strange to me, shouldn't take 45 secs to flash.
No. 2 i don't think there is another alarm light/ indicator
No.3 looks strange to me, all lights should go out simultanoeously

My advice is book her in for a checkup.

Greets

·
Registered
203 Posts
1. Sounds a bit strange, my car locks straights away and the lights stay on for around 30 secs,
2. Correct you can only see the red flashing light when it's locked and alarmed
3. There is a delay for the airbag light to go out, why I have no idea but I'm used to it now

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi

1. The central locking, press the button twice about 1 sec apart, the noise you hear after the 45 seconds is the deadlocks going on, if you press the lock button twice it puts the deadlocks on straight away and the lights should flash

2. as above

3. Not sure why there is a delay in the airbag light going out but mine is the same it normally goes out once I get to around 6 miles per hour and the car doors lock themselves at the same time

Hope this helps, if it settles your mind take it to the dealer but I am sure he will tell you it is doing what its meant to

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your help xx
xx

I think I will pop in and see them about the locking (item 1) As I get no lights when locking (only after 30/40 seconds) by pressing the button once. If I press the button twice the only way know its set is the noise and the mirrors fold in. The only time I get lights is when I unlock her.

Regards, Michele

·
Registered
55 Posts
The airbag light is the same on mine and goes off after around 75 secs (I timed it) so as far as I know this is normal, someone told me it was because of the danger to forward facing child seats to remind you of the danger but don't know if that's the case. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts