Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been a few threads over the months about the SOS / Citroen Assist button on various versions of the car.
Interestingly th eEuropean PArliamnet has made it mandatory for all new cars and light vehicles to have this facility by 2015 (it will be called 112eCall), but is the Citroen assist buttons for all intents and purposes.

I suspect that like DRLs it will be an option on basic cars and std an higher specs, and will only come in with new models after that date which don't already have it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DShark you are of course as always right.The confusion is to dates with tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS), originally drafted for November 2011, the legislation read - As of1stNovember 2012, all new-type vehicles are required by EU law to have a pressure basedtyrepressure monitoring system installed, and by November 2014, all new passenger vehicles will have to haveTPMSinstalled by the manufacturer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So how I read this is...
All new models launched after 1st November 2012 must have OEM TPMS and then all new cars sold regardless of original launch date must have OEM TPMS installed. Example, New model Seat Leon launched in March 2013 will have TPMS as standard but, a new DS4 will not have TPMS as standard until November 2014 because original was launched before 1st November 2012.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts