Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone bought a space saver wheel for the 19" wheels and where from, as i have used this tyre repair foam once and seems a waste of a tyre when you can just swap for a space saver and get it plugged instead of a new tyre.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I haven't (we have 18" wheels) but others have used the space saver - the issue with the 19" Cairns wheels being replaced by a space saver is that with these wheels you get upgraded front discs (340mm) that are too big for it; the easy way to solve this is if you have a flat on the front move a decent back tyre to the front and out the space saver on the back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought mine from Citroen as an extra with a new car in July last. It cost £75 and came with the jack etc, but it may cost more as a stand alone purchase. I suggest you see how much a Citroen dealer would charge. Personally I would always buy from a Citroen dealer with something like a spacesaver, to make sure I was buying a bespoke quality product in the interest of safety.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've posted this elsewhere on the forum, we got the genuine kit from Citroen retro-fitted for £170-ish; can't remember the size of the wheel specifically (I think it's a 16") and you have to buy the jack, bolt cover removal tool etc. The price includes all that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts