Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a definitive answer as to whether you can get a spare Spacesaver wheel for a DSport with 19" Cairns. (or a cheap wheel tyre combination).

I have seen some posts from a while ago put cannot seem to get an answer.

Your knowledge is appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
No spare wheel in my D sport, when I got it. Has now though 17" alloy off a C4 fits perfect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GazDS, Thanks for this, time to look for one of these wheels I think,

I have just had a nail go through the tread of my tyre and out of the sidewall luckily it did not loose air pressure but tyre (3months old...) had to be scrapped, I just dont trust the puncture repair foam.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Had a similar experience with a pot hole and a very recent winter tyre side wall destroyed on a tyre with 8mm of tread

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the pic, have spoke to Citroen about spare wheel options and they were of no use, so good to know which way to go now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GazDs I am assuming this wheel will not fit in the tyre well with the manual brake release assembly. Just had a look expecting a little box.

·
Registered
268 Posts
SueC said:
GazDs I am assuming this wheel will not fit in the tyre well with the manual brake release assembly. Just had a look expecting a little box.

Sounds like you need another pic, it fits in the wheel hole in the boot great.

I have the electric handbrake in mine and the wheel fits nicely over the mechanism.
I have however fastened (number plate sticky pads) some small rubber blocks to make sure the wheel wont: -
a rattle
b squash the wire pack going to the handbrake

I have also wrapped the wires in spiralina, but I am a bit of an anorak.

I can also get a small bottle jack and spanners to remove the wheel in the hole.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts