Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just got my DSytle today including eMyWay.

Googling I've found a couple of options for adding speed camera alerts.

http://www.navigation.com/DS4_2013/citroen-eu/catalog/en_GB/EUR/

This appears to be an official Citroen download site.

SPEED CAMERA DATABASE IN EUROPE JANUARY 2014
EMYWAY @ ‚¬7.99

Is this the same just a 12 month subscription ?

EMYWAY CITROËN RISK AREAS 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION @ ‚¬29.99

And there this site..
http://www.speedcamupdates.com/Citroen-eMyWay
For 10‚¬

Anyone know which is the best ? Or suggest a better option ?

Thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
The speed cameras are different to risk areas, risk areas are things like black spots, schools etc, I think the speed cameras is about £6.99 per month and you only really need to update it about every 4 to 6 months so it's not bad really

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Jeff, I got a new Dstyle last November and downloaded the risk updates and it included all the speed cameras. I've not noticed it miss one yet. I downloaded from the citroen UK website using a My Citroen account, the cost was £6.99 and I've not been disappointed in either the update or the performance of eMyWay system. I intend to update once a year which is much cheaper than the £24.99. Yearly subscription.
Dave

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Which download do you mean?
I like the idea of the cameras and risk areas, happy to pay £6.99 to try it.

Any way I had can add my own POIs ?

·
Registered
472 Posts
No it doesn't only fixed cameras, when i get done it is always a man in a white van or someone with a speed gun, hence the road angel, it picks these up, although there is not always a white van it just warns you of the site that a van could be parked at

·
Registered
578 Posts
deresim said:
No it doesn't only fixed cameras, when i get done it is always a man in a white van or someone with a speed gun, hence the road angel, it picks these up, although there is not always a white van it just warns you of the site that a van could be parked at

Do you have the road angel fitted? if so is it good? where do you place it in the car? thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
i use a windscreen mount and just plonk it on the far right of the windscreen as high as possible and plug it into the cigarette lighter, it is very good and obviously it pike up the fixed cameras and tells you where there could be a van but this one also picks up radar guns and if there is a van it picks up the laser from the van. The reason I put it as high as possible is to ensure it gets the guns and vans.

Mine is a road angel gem with auto updates on the move cost about £200 two years ago with 3 years updates paid for up front, must admit wouldn't be without it has definitely saved me 9 points with guns and vans trying to get me plus many others that may or may not have got me so well worth the money have a look at the following

https://www.roadangelgroup.com/default.aspx

Note I am not a speed freak just want to keep my license clean as it is now from the 21 Jan 2013

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thanks deresim, I may invest in one as I keep forgetting to switch the speed limiter on hahaha!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I didn't even know it had a speed limiter

·
Registered
578 Posts
Speed limiter is very useful on the motorways especially with all the average speed cameras around today. Have you found it?

·
Registered
472 Posts
yes i have now will give it a try, i normally just use the cruise control

1 - 16 of 16 Posts